Something that has always bugged me with my Nokia phones is the way the Music player numbers tracks in shuffle mode.

For example I have 1908 tracks on my player, when in shuffle the display says "869/1908 songs" ie its playing track number 869 (ie the 869th song to be added to my N900). This number is completely inconsequential when playing on shuffle. Surely it should say the number of the track playing in the current shuffle play order - ie go up 1, 2, 3 etc so you can tell how far you are through the shuffle list.

Am I making sense? Its hard to explain, yet so simple!

Brainstorm here

Last edited by chrisp7; 2010-01-19 at 17:34.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Something that has always bugged me with my Nokia phones is the way the Music player numbers tracks in shuffle mode.

For example I have 1908 tracks on my player, when in shuffle the display says "869/1908 songs" ie its playing track number 869 (ie the 869th song to be added to my N900). This number is completely inconsequential when playing on shuffle. Surely it should say the number of the track playing in the current shuffle play order - ie go up 1, 2, 3 etc so you can tell how far you are through the shuffle list.

Am I making sense? Its hard to explain, yet so simple!
I am just curious why do you care how far in the shuffle list? I mean if you have 1908 songs, do you really ever listen to the whole list? It would take you about three days of continual listening for you to do that?

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
I am just curious why do you care how far in the shuffle list? I mean if you have 1908 songs, do you really ever listen to the whole list? It would take you about three days of continual listening for you to do that?
It just bugs me - its totally pointless as a function as it stands, at least you would know how far you are through the list. Its more useful if you are shuffling music in a playlist - you can see how far you are through it..

Its small details like this that make the difference in an OS imo.

Last edited by chrisp7; 2010-01-15 at 11:00.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
no brainstorm item no sandbox status!

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
no brainstorm item no sandbox status!
Brainstormed