Active Topics

Ok, seems the files are correct but.....how do i use them as a .bin file, even when they have the Poweriso icon, i'v tried to rename them to .bin but that did not work.....I'm new with this so.....

ThnX

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Kolding, Denmark
Originally Posted by funzip View Post
Ok, seems the files are correct but.....how do i use them as a .bin file, even when they have the Poweriso icon, i'v tried to rename them to .bin but that did not work.....I'm new with this so.....

ThnX
As Rob1n said there's no need to rename anything, ignore the PowerISO icon the file is a .bin and therefore you can use it as you are supposed to.

ThnX, i will try again in the evening.
There's one thing i do''nt understand.....look this movie showing the .bin files in the flasher 3.5 directory having the .bin icon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eVSXdSw0LA

ThnX

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
ThnX, i will try again in the evening.
There's one thing i do''nt understand.....look this movie showing the .bin files in the flasher 3.5 directory having the .bin icon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eVSXdSw0LA
The icon shown is the icon for whichever application claims to be able to handle files with that extension. It's got absolutely nothing to do with what the file actually is (especially for non-standard extensions like .bin). Just ignore the icon and carry on with flashing the N900.

Ok, great,ThnX!

Hi all.
Today I've updated my N900 with RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_F5_MR0_ARM.bin firmware. I had a few problems concerning empty battery and charging of the phone but I have solved it.
So after update my phone switched on but display illumination is not working. So now I don't know what is wrong. I have sarched forums but I can't find the solution neither that someone had that problem before. So I would like to kindly ask you if you can help me. Keyboard is illuminated but display not.

Thank you in advance! Uros Slovenia

Originally Posted by UrosRovan View Post
Hi all.
Today I've updated my N900 with RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_F5_MR0_ARM.bin firmware. I had a few problems concerning empty battery and charging of the phone but I have solved it.
So after update my phone switched on but display illumination is not working. So now I don't know what is wrong. I have sarched forums but I can't find the solution neither that someone had that problem before. So I would like to kindly ask you if you can help me. Keyboard is illuminated but display not.

Thank you in advance! Uros Slovenia
Just a suggestion:

What if you first reset the Mass Memory with "RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin " if you did'nt allready, and than do the update again?

Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to funzip For This Useful Post:
Just a suggestion:

What if you first reset the Mass Memory with "RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin " if you did'nt allready, and than do the update again?

Good luck
You don't know how happy I am today because this works. I did what you told me and the light is back on. Someone should write that into troubleshoting area.

Thank you very much again funzip!
Thank you, Uroš!

Originally Posted by UrosRovan View Post
You don't know how happy I am today because this works. I did what you told me and the light is back on. Someone should write that into troubleshoting area.

Thank you very much again funzip!
Thank you, Uroš!
Nice to hear

hi all,
i can't flash my N900, the note " Suitable usb device not found, waitting."
WinXP SP3,
anyone help me, please