Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hell no, it should be touch to take a picture (or an option). I keep accidentally sliding the keyboard up when taking a picture lol.
Why would you do that lol. What a silly man you are. PR1.3 may be got the camera fixed as well I think. I am urgingly needing the ISO settings. And also the over sharpen image won't really helped in PR1.2 at all. Camera function keeps getting worst from PR to PR. Hope this PR1.3 lives up to our expectation.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I wonder how big is the pr1.3 team.....is this a one man operation?

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
How will apps fit for two OSs? It is already a challenge and mundane tasks like disabling repositories and removing apps have to take place before even updating.

I thought Meego is in the same state now as Maemo in regards to lack of direction and virtually no OEM support for new device hardware. Looks like Nokia and their bailing leadership staff decided to focus on Symbian? Seems Meego is this year's Maemo 5. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thought also that Intel has started to back away from it too.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I dont know why/how oct27 was picked, I tended to believe what I read in the forum here, right? lets keep our fingers crossed and our maemo charged, anticipating a big quantum jump onto the pr1.3 update, to leapfrog into meego.

Thanks for the upbeating news/rumor/facts/whatever...

bun

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
i personally can't wait for the pr1.3 update... i have finally got my hands on a Nokia N8, but to be honest I prefer the N900... I don't know why, but the N8 feels weird.. but yh.. at least PR1.3 is officially coming

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by kevinp93 View Post
i personally can't wait for the pr1.3 update... i have finally got my hands on a Nokia N8, but to be honest I prefer the N900... I don't know why, but the N8 feels weird.. but yh.. at least PR1.3 is officially coming
I know why, because Maemo5 spoiled you from a little boy to be a real man. lol. MeeGo is the next PR1.3

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I dont know why/how oct27 was picked, I tended to believe what I read in the forum here, right?
it is the release date of meego 1.1: http://wiki.meego.com/Release_Engineering/Plans/1.1

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I know why, because Maemo5 spoiled you from a little boy to be a real man. lol. MeeGo is the next PR1.3
No, it's not. PR1.3 is the Maemo 5.0 PR1.3. MeeGo's (meego.com) not even close to being an update to Maemo (feature regressions really shouldn't happen in updates)
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2010-10-14 at 06:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Any precise dating about pr1.3?

Tags
bigbadidiot, chucknorris, jesus wept, mustread, paradise, umopapisdn