Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Dear Maemo Community,

It is known that the battery runtime is way higher when you disable WLAN, switch to 2G and stop optional applications like Skype, MSN ...

I look now for a script which will set the changes above once the battery is for example below 15%. So the result should look like:

If(Battery below 15%)

-> Disconnect all connections (WLAN/2g/3g/(BT))
-> Close optional applications like Skype, MSN ... (That happens anyway automatically on the DC)
-> Set the phone to 2G mode
-> May call a specific kernel profile to use less power

Is there any application / script which does that already? Cause that way the basic phone functions would stay active and calls / SMS wouldn't get missed anymore because the battery is empty. That is also in emergency cases quite useful.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
You might find this useful

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...074#post610074

I am sure that this script could be set to your specifications using alarmed

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Savepress could be another option and is easier to set up, its in the repo's

Edit: wait I just reread you post, this has to be done manually and not go by battery percentage, sorry lol

Last edited by Tiboric; 2011-02-03 at 21:39.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Thank you for your replies, it is basically what I'm looking for I just search for a option so it gets triggered when the battery percentage is below a specific limit to keep at least the basic phone functions of the N900.

Tags
battery, kernel, power, reserve, runtime