Hello,
My N900 got stuck during update today. I started update over 40min ago and still nothing. Updating by NSU, because appmanager suggested to install update by NSU...

Here are the screens:

Sorry for my English

Unfortunately after 1 hour of updating my battery was too low and turned my phone off. And now I can't turn on my phone... Futhermore N900 doesn't responding on charger plug...

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
See if something here helps:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Flashing

About the charging, sometimes it takes a long time before the charging light starts, and sometimes it needs unplugging and plugging again.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Happened to me too, use the flasher, it will take you a minute to flash.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f..._.2F_Windows_7

I'm also stuck. It says 1 second left but that was 1 hr ago.

I use the software updater. What should I do?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bugslife View Post
I'm also stuck. It says 1 second left but that was 1 hr ago.

I use the software updater. What should I do?
unplug immediately and charge your battery to full

e: one can always reflash except with battery that doesn't have the juice for initiating charging mode on....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
unplug immediately and charge your battery to full

e: one can always reflash except with battery that doesn't have the juice for initiating charging mode on....

Battery was full during update.

After unplugging the USB from the phone what do i do? Should I turn off the phone to reset? or update again?

How do I reflash?

1. Unplug the device.
  2. Open this link, download maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2.exe and install it.
  3. Open this link, open your device and take the battery out, just like in the picture (in the link), type the IMEI number and accept the terms.
  4. Download the last link, it should be the GLOBAL firmware 51.(Unless you want the middle eastern one or USA)
  5. Save the file to C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5
  6. Put the battery back in, and press the "u" key on the keyboard of your N900, don't leave it.
  7. Connect the phone to the computer, keep holding "u" until you see the nokia logo with a small usb icon on the top right corner.
  8. Go to Start->All Programs->Maemo->Maemo Flasher 3.5->Maemo Flasher 3.5.
  9. Type this: "flasher-3.5.exe -F <FILENAME> -f -R", instead of <FILENAME> you should type the name of the file you copied to the flasher folder (something with .bin, including .bin).

Give it a few minutes, if you followed the instructions everything should be OK. Good luck.

More Info: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f..._.2F_Windows_7

Last edited by jayford; 2010-01-14 at 12:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to jayford For This Useful Post:
Plzzzzz help me!! i downloaded the firmware and instal it all through OTA but @the final stage where the percentage of instaling software and please do not interupt msg showing showing up my N900 keeps booting and boting again with the same above msg on the black screen showing since 10 minutes!! is this normal?? is there an end or what???! please answer!!

Originally Posted by jayford View Post
  1. Unplug the device.
  2. Open this link, download maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2.exe and install it.
  3. Open this link, open your device and take the battery out, just like in the picture (in the link), type the IMEI number and accept the terms.
  4. Download the last link, it should be the GLOBAL firmware 51.(Unless you want the middle eastern one or USA)
  5. Save the file to C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5
  6. Put the battery back in, and press the "u" key on the keyboard of your N900, don't leave it.
  7. Connect the phone to the computer, keep holding "u" until you see the nokia logo with a small usb icon on the top right corner.
  8. Go to Start->All Programs->Maemo->Maemo Flasher 3.5->Maemo Flasher 3.5.
  9. Type this: "flasher-3.5.exe -F <FILENAME> -f -R", instead of <FILENAME> you should type the name of the file you copied to the flasher folder (something with .bin, including .bin).

Give it a few minutes, if you followed the instructions everything should be OK. Good luck.

More Info: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f..._.2F_Windows_7
How long does it take so i have an idea. It's been 9 mins now since I reflash the latest firmware.

Does the status light should be steady yellow-orange? i see faint nokia and Usb on upper right.