Active Topics

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
For those you have this issue, is hacky brightness installed on your device (notably coming from N9Quicktweak)?

Last edited by mousse04; 2012-08-24 at 08:22.

Nope, its a clean device now..
Anyway how long will secure feature erase takes? What will happen if I plug it out halfway?

OMG. im having the SAME problem! i dropped the phone and now it goes to blackout when i make a call. what is the problem? please help me fix it!

Hi all. I had a similar issue where my clock was disappearing from the low-power mode standby screen, no double tap to unlock, and could not end calls. After reading this thread I realized that a drop (fairly gentle onto carpet while sitting) might have caused the problem.

I then noticed my screen was bulging up a bit. Hard to tell with the case but I could press the screen down about a 1/2 mm.

Having replaced my screen once I figured I would pop the screen off and see what I could see. If you want to do that, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dxsTGpGRhs

I noticed the white plastic frame around the screen (that holds the screen down as shown in the video) had become detached from the screen glass allowing it to bulge up. This meant the sensor(attached to the white frame) was a 1/2mm or so away from the glass and likely was not getting a good reading. (you migh try simply pushing your screen down to see if the sensor works, though this probably wont work).

So to fix it, with the screen off, I used some CA cement (aka Crazy Glue) and a small brush (tooth pick would work) to reglue the white frame down to the screen.

After reassembling and rebooting, IT WORKED!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixracer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Sorry about the issue, but two suggestions for your problem.
To check if it is indeed a hardware problem, use a digital camera's viewfinder (another phone would do) and point it at the proximity sensor, you should see it blinking if it's working.

To disable the proximity sensor, edit /etc/mce/mce.ini as root, remove "proximity;" from the Modules= line, then restart mce (or reboot)
Code:
Modules=radiostates;filter-brightness-als;display;keypad;led;battery;inactivity;alarm;callstate;audiorouting;proximity;powersavemode
That is awesome, the trick with the camera is nice! The same trick I use to check wether the batteries of my remotes' are empty or not. Working the same way here!
Now I now that the sensor is connected to my phone correctly! Awesome

Originally Posted by sixracer View Post
Hi all. I had a similar issue where my clock was disappearing from the low-power mode standby screen, no double tap to unlock, and could not end calls. After reading this thread I realized that a drop (fairly gentle onto carpet while sitting) might have caused the problem.

I then noticed my screen was bulging up a bit. Hard to tell with the case but I could press the screen down about a 1/2 mm.

Having replaced my screen once I figured I would pop the screen off and see what I could see. If you want to do that, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dxsTGpGRhs

I noticed the white plastic frame around the screen (that holds the screen down as shown in the video) had become detached from the screen glass allowing it to bulge up. This meant the sensor(attached to the white frame) was a 1/2mm or so away from the glass and likely was not getting a good reading. (you migh try simply pushing your screen down to see if the sensor works, though this probably wont work).

So to fix it, with the screen off, I used some CA cement (aka Crazy Glue) and a small brush (tooth pick would work) to reglue the white frame down to the screen.

After reassembling and rebooting, IT WORKED!
Awesome dude I won't disassembly as long as I'm not sure that it will work. But now I did the same! I pushed my glass and was able to bring it half of an millimeter closer to the frame. Which was enough to bring proximity sensor back working correct!
Quite good so I know I just have to disassembly und fix the issue with the white frame and glas!