Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Ok, just got round to posting, but how does a South England meetup sound?

I will be in minehead from 3rd - 8th April (2010). and was hoping for a meetup on either:
Dates
  • Sunday 4th
  • Monday 5th
  • Tuesday 6th April
  • Wednesday 7th April
(Either/any is good for me.....)

Time: - I'm thinking evening is better for most, but not too late so people can get home?
So i can get there from 1pm and stay till about 10pm - but would rather a 2/3 hour slot in there somewhere

Location choices (Quick overhead map link) :
  • Bridgewater
  • Taunton
  • Tiverton
  • Barnstaple
  • (Exeter at a push)

Please state your date/time and location preferences - and hopefully we can set a date in the diary
Everyone is welcome with any device, or no device (Or people who want to see the N900 in action!)
I can bring my laptop if people want to see how i code in python/qt... (Bearing in mind i am new to it and i blag my way around!)

Anyway! - let the comments, suggestions and clever people roll
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Nuffin clever from here. I'm working all those days (including Easter Day).

My trusty n900 tells me that I could possibly skive off early on Tuesday 7th as I don't actually have any appointments that afternoon (yet).

However I am over 100 miles west of Exeter (yes there is life out here, though whether it's civilised life...). Obviously, the further West the better: Bridgwater is a three hour drive each way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
i can prob come further west, any suggestions?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

bump....

Anyone else in the south area who would fancy a meet up?

Kathy - are you free on the saturday? (3rd)
I'm aiming to get to minehead for about 3pm, but could head out for a few hours after... (Need to have a bit of a change, as it will be a 4/5 hour drive in the morning)

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
I'd love to mate but im going up north for easter to visit parents. Gutted. Im back week wednesday 8th.
Will definateley be up for something after that.

ahhh pity, i'm only there until the thursday, and driving back during the day

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Great idea noobmonkey, I couldn't get there but the thought of a group of N900s in Barnstaple gave me a chuckle. Hope you guys make it.

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
I may be around on Tues 7th ... In Bristol but can head South or West for a couple of hours....

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by zail View Post
I may be around on Tues 7th ... In Bristol but can head South or West for a couple of hours....
I'm voting for Tues 7th, around teatimeish. If I quit work at lunchtime, I can get up the A30 a fair stretch.

The question being how far west? Would you guys consider coming as far as the Little Chef at Jn 27?

For that matter, this is a Very Useful Website.

(and yay! for post #2000 being a community one)

hehehe!
oooo still on the m5 - i can do that - i can just nip across to bridgewater and roll down the hill so to speak

Tuesday is a good day for me, can get there at whatever time you lot can

Tags
coast, england, meetup, south