Notices

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Regarding the commenting issue: It seems that Instagram revoked commenting access for pretty much any app out there.

See: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...rs/t3Bw01jrz9A
or: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...rs/y3SxO3OJyz4

I've sent the whitelist request, but it seems like not many were able to get a reply yet

Sorry, stay tuned.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Commenting seems to work again, although I still have no reply from Instagram. Please check if it works for you as well. Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
commenting works with receny build, thanks!

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Yep, commenting seems to work again.

successfully post comment

Hi all,

you can find the weekly developer release (v0.5.2, developer build) here. The direct link is here.

Here is the changelog:

instago (0.5.2) unstable; urgency=low

* Added location detail page (tap on location name on image detai lview or feed)
* Added timer for comment refresh to give Instagram time to update data

Note that (as usual) this is an unstable developer build. I pretty much hacked together the map component in the train and on the road.

I'm not really happy with the way it currently works as the tap area is just too small for a lot of elements. While the current layout does represent the official Instagram app, I may shuffle stuff around a bit to make the app more usable.

Please report anything here if you encounter it. Have fun testing.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Everything its working very well! I haven't noticed any problems with clickable areas being too small.
Have you had any luck with figuring out a way to show captions on the home feed? As of now, it is quite cumbersome to get to a place to see the captions. My only complaint!

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Everything its working very well! I haven't noticed any problems with clickable areas being too small.
Have you had any luck with figuring out a way to show captions on the home feed? As of now, it is quite cumbersome to get to a place to see the captions. My only complaint!
Captions on the user feed will be included in the next dev release, as well as a complete redo of the image detail / feed component to optimize the touch areas and content.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Captions on the user feed will be included in the next dev release, as well as a complete redo of the image detail / feed component to optimize the touch areas and content.
Oopss!! @dirksonguer did it again

Great release, keep it up!

Also is there a way to accept friend requests currently or am i blind?

Tags
development, instago, instagram