Notices

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Hi people, I found a little problem, probably very easy to solve.

I just wanted to buy Zen Bound, entered my name, CSC code and stuff. All good. But when I tap 'next', it says 'card number invalid.'
I'm sure I entered the right number, right card-type (mastercard).

Is it a known issue, or am I just doing something wrong? (A)

I too was unable to get any paid apps from ovi, but after alot of searching i found the solution on the ipmart forum in the linux/maemo section.

The Following User Says Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
Explain? (=

To all who reads:

Got the solution. Have to buy a creditcard. Handy Nokia.

I have this problem too. Been going back and forth with nokia and getting nowhere.

I have tried a few different credit card, and no luck.(Visa)
So how can this be fixed?

Last edited by bazz; 2010-07-01 at 20:31.

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
They don't want to sell....
Same in Romania... Not working with Mastercard (credit card)

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by matts76 View Post
I too was unable to get any paid apps from ovi, but after alot of searching i found the solution on the ipmart forum in the linux/maemo section.
I knew about this.

Let's hope they will keep this updated!

The Following User Says Thank You to puiradu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
I have two creditcards and neither work. If I connect from work it shows up in dollars as they've got an error in their IP geolocating (it's not an exact science and they shouldn't be relying on it). This is handy as it shows me two things: One, the $ value is much cheaper (Nokia **ckers!). Two, the CC details page asks for my address (hardwired to the USA), I don't get this screen in the UK and I suspect that is why my cards are all failing. I really don't want to resort to pirating the .deb files (via ipmart) as suggested by matts76. I mean, once I pay for the app, I have a copyable .deb anyway! But I have the money and want to honour the authors of the games by paying for their efforts. However I don't see a way I can do this at the moment. I have a call open with Nokia, but they seem completely unable to comprehend the issue, despite _extremely_ clear details and screenshots emailed to them.

I had a call from nokia last night and they told me its my credit cards fault. They told me I have to call visa and pre-authorize the ovi store. I told them at this point I lost interest and they need to get their act together.
I also asked why can I buy a product from a small mom and pop online store, but not nokia. It just does not add up that I would have to pre-authorize nokia, but not the mom and pop store.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Paypal and no problem