Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Plugin or new pasta request.
I used Orecchiette today to record a track I heard while out and about.
I could then go online and find it (you know when you recognise a song but get annoyed when you can't name the artist)
Anyway is there a chance of a Shazam type plugin?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
is there a chance of a Shazam type plugin?
Well, hmm. I've never used Shazam myself; after a quick bit of googling, it appears that Shazam (and competitor SoundHound) work via a large (and proprietary) database of sound clips; they don't appear to have an API...

Aha! There is an open-source music identification project, echoprint.me. Not sure what using it would involve; I'll do some investigating.

EDIT: In fact, it looks like such an app has already been built for the N900, called "Eyrie". There's an announce thread for it, and it seems to exist in the extras-devel and extras-testing repositories...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-07-09 at 22:38. Reason: App already exists

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I just wanted to give a thumb up and leave a note that GUI-less daemon option for recording calls automatically would be warmly, warmly welcome
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
GUI-less daemon option for recording calls automatically would be warmly, warmly welcome
I know, I know... And I sincerely apologize for the delay. I promised it a long time ago but been too distracted. Unfortunately I cannot even begin to estimate when the situation is likely to improve

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
ding-dong

I've noticed that when using bluetooth headset, the voice of the other party (in a phone call) is not being recorded - only mine.

Anyway to solve this?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
I've noticed that when using bluetooth headset, the voice of the other party (in a phone call) is not being recorded - only mine.

Anyway to solve this?
You know, I have to admit that I have not really tested bluetooth functionality, as I don't currently have a bluetooth headset myself. Let me take a look at the code and see if I can find the problem...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I was able to test Orechiette phone-call recording functionality in few real-life cases, and I must say it works great. IDK if this is intentional or side effect, but volume balance between microphone and speaker (our side of conversation vs. another side) is much better, than it ever was with recaller.

But, there is one big problem with the "auto record of phone calls" - it doesn't start automatically for SIP calls I wonder, can anything be done about it? Recording works OK if started manually, but of course, it's hardly convenient. Especially, if you really depend on auto-recording (for example, while answering call on the move). I would, personally, find this feature really useful, due to various circumstances in my real life, right now.

Another, much less important feature request: Could it be possible, to add a "time of end of recording" % field to the naming scheme? Currently, I was able to easily recreate naming file by the time of creation, but it only saves beginning of recording. Recaller was able to include both recording start and recording end time in the name.

BTW, a % parameter that would include 2nd party number for phone calls (only IF it's auto phone call recording) would be useful, too. It's another feature request that originates from Recaller functionality (well, from the times when it functioned at all, that is).

Last but not least - due to lack of GUi-less daemon, I found myself keeping Orechiette open all the time, for "auto record phone calls" to work (and ensuring that I, or something else, haven't closed it, accidentally). It's not something that you can't live with, but between increased resources usage and obvious inconvenience, it would be really, really cool to have that headless feature, as cherry on top

No pressure, all gratitude and understanding.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Yes, Estel, criticism accepted. All except the SIP recording is actually something that I promised to do or at least to look into but I have not been very productive in the past few months. Perhaps it is time to look into it again.

There are two problems with the "end of recording" tag. One, I am running out of letters and two, it would require a bit of refactoring. You see, Orecchiette generates the file name before it creates the file. To use the "end of recording" tag, it would need to generate a temporary file and rename it afterwards. Not a big change but a change nevertheless.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
My apologies as well, I've kinda had some issues lately slowing down my coding.

One thing I've meant to add for an awful long time is some method of tagging files other than overloading the filename. Most audio formats (such as MP3) have built-in metadata mechanisms (although they all seem to be kind of poorly designed), and I'd like to take advantage of them, if I could just figure them out. Otherwise, it's always possible to either create an additional file for metadata, or tuck both the audio file and metadata into an appropriate container object (such as the ever-popular Matroska format)...

BTW, I've checked the bluetooth code, and I think I've got GStreamer set up correctly to record from bluetooth, but it may be possible that Orecchiette is not correctly detecting that the bluetooth is being used... I'm using "source.voice" for microphone input, which might be able to record both the N900's microphone as well as input from bluetooth. (If there were a corresponding "sink.voice" GStreamer target available, I wouldn't even need to check for bluetooth, I suppose...)

Anyway, yeah, I'm still trying to get back up to speed here. Hopefully, I'll be able to start putting out updates again soon...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, pasta, recording