Wow the iOS works with google services. The maps asks for allowing geolocation but then stops loading after that. Google music doesn't work showing security error. BoFA.mobi works. Amazon reader doesn't work on iPhone anyways only on iPads. Mobile youtube works fine and same as before.
Html5 test now shows N9 browser scoring 305 with the iOS user agent. This is a nice improvement from scoring 283 at its default UA string.
Thanks!

Last edited by isfr21; 2012-01-03 at 16:49.

thedead: I can't seem to install the 'phonny' (or 'phony') extension as it claims its not compatible with fennec 10.0

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
i'm using fennec 10.0 too you need to install "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" first then install phony (sorry for the earlier typo). Once phony is installed, you need to mark it as compatible.
The option to change the UA is located at the preferences menu of fennec (just below the start page preference) and not the options menu of phony(this should be greyed out)

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by rcs1000 View Post
thedead: I can't seem to install the 'phonny' (or 'phony') extension as it claims its not compatible with fennec 10.0
You also need the compatibility check/reporter extension (so that you can mark it as compatible).
It's mentioned in the google doc guide, linked to in the thread, stickied at the top of this sub-forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Sorry for slightly cross-posting...

So near, and yet so far,

I've installed Fennec.

Then, I've gone into about:config and added:
"general.useragent.override" = "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X x.y; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1"

Now, going to read.amazon.com, I get my list of books (yay!) but it doesn't seem that Fennec is giving the local storage needed to download and read a boo (boo).

(I get the 'Error Opening Content' error message)

Darn...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
i think it's the length of the string. The browser in my opinion works only if the length of the user agent matches the characters of the default settings.

Hence, having to add a "0" at the end of the android string to match the default's length. The iOS string on the other hand is much longer.
Indeed. I think the final size of the modified grob bin needs to exactly match the stock size. Thus, any new UA's we try need to be the same length or shorter than the stock UA. I had to drop a couple options in the Android 4.0.1 UA when I was messing with this originally because it was a little longer. I ended up with 2 less bits than stock, hence the necessity to add bhex "00" at the end.

For those of you wanting to have a N900-esque experience, why not try the N900 UA? I'm going to try Android 2.3.7 when I get off work and report back.

Last edited by legoman666; 2012-01-03 at 18:02.

Originally Posted by rcs1000 View Post
Sorry for slightly cross-posting...

So near, and yet so far,

I've installed Fennec.

Then, I've gone into about:config and added:
"general.useragent.override" = "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X x.y; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1"

Now, going to read.amazon.com, I get my list of books (yay!) but it doesn't seem that Fennec is giving the local storage needed to download and read a boo (boo).

(I get the 'Error Opening Content' error message)

Darn...
Try a UA for an older desktop browser so that Amazon doesn't try to use all the fancy features the latest Chrome supports. Maybe IE 7 or 8. (Of course, this assumes that read.amazon.com works in IE7/8 to begin with.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
You also need the compatibility check/reporter extension (so that you can mark it as compatible).
It's mentioned in the google doc guide, linked to in the thread, stickied at the top of this sub-forum.
What is the name of this add-on? I cant seem to find it in fennec.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
"Add-on Compatibility Reporter"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
"Add-on Compatibility Reporter"
Thanks a lot! installed that one, and restared my device. After that i searched for phony and phonny. No results :/

EDIT: I installed via going to the site rather than directly from the add on manager. Thanks again for your efforts

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2012-01-03 at 19:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post: