Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
After you select 'beep' or 'silent' profile, the program will ask you how long you want this setting to last (max.12 hours). When this set time has passed, your regular ringing profile will be restored. You can also set the restored ringing volume in advance.

Very handy for people who often need to silence the ringer for a while, for example for the duration of a meeting, a movie or a short nap.

The application auto-cancels in 15 seconds unless interacted with.

Thanks to Ziller for the application idea, testing, and improvement suggestions. Also thanks to javispedro for his icon generator (just don't held him responsible for the end result, but I had to have some sort of a meegon in one of my apps).

Newest version available from OpenRepos:
https://openrepos.net/content/ajalkane/ringingrestorer

Legacy versions:
I've made this application a 1€ purchase from Nokia Store as an experiment (freed 2012 years after Jesus's birth, just before the end of the world, which seems to be late):

http://store.ovi.com/content/241422

One caveat: if you change the profile from the lock screen with volume buttons, then the application will open behind the lock screen. So you can either either let it auto-cancel or swipe the lock-screen away to set the timeout to restore ringing profile.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2014-08-07 at 20:15.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
If you want to buy this little utility, HURRY UP! Because I will be making it free as a christmas present to N9 users during this month. And then you will never have the chance to buy it!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Done, this is the second app this week that has existed forever, is useful and i never realized its existence

Works well though. Thanks for this ajalkane!

Edit: One request if ever you update it; could 15 minute intervals be added instead of only 30mins?

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-13 at 18:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Done, this is the second app this week that has existed forever, is useful and i never realized its existence

Works well though. Thanks for this ajalkane!
I thought everyone even considering buying it would wait until christmas to get it for free, so thanks for the pleasant surprise .

Edit: One request if ever you update it; could 15 minute intervals be added instead of only 30mins?
The intervals are 15 minutes for the first 60 minutes. After that they're 30 minutes until 8 hours, after that intervals are 1 hour. The progressive nature of the intervals is meant to easily give access to restoring within 12 hours, yet having enough control for smallish intervals in near future. The reasoning being that the further into the future the restoring of ringing profile is, the less accurate it needs to be.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
If you want to buy this little utility, HURRY UP! Because I will be making it free as a christmas present to N9 users during this month. And then you will never have the chance to buy it!
He he, this is the most amazing piece of marketing I ever seen. Well done!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
RingingRestorer is now available for free from Store.

I recommend to try it out if you're often in a situation where you want phone to be silent for a short while. I did this application as a request from one user, and didn't think I had any use for it myself. But now I wouldn't want to be without it, so chances are you might enjoy it also even if at first it doesn't seem necessary.

Pleasant christmas to all!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Phew... I'm glad I bought it yesterday!

I've had use for it twice already but I know my wife will have even more use for it. She is always forgetting her phone on silent and this will probably save my nerves a lot. And now she'll actually install this since it's free.

Thanks a lot and merry christmas!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Just to check; i set ringing restorer to restore after X hours but rebooted my phone and after the reboot it didnt restore to Ringing at the time specified pre-reboot... Is this the desired behaviour or a bug?

Honestly, I use this more than profilematic due to its sheer simplicity (every night vs random); how I lived without this for ages is something I can only ponder now

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-22 at 03:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Just to check; i set ringing restorer to restore after X hours but rebooted my phone and after the reboot it didnt restore to Ringing at the time specified pre-reboot... Is this the desired behaviour or a bug?
That is as expected, the state is not persisted to disk.

Honestly, I use this more than profilematic due to its sheer simplicity (every night vs random); how I lived without this for ages is something I can only ponder now
I do agree. So in retrospect, thanks to Ziller for requesting it, he made a favor also to me doing that .

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I do agree. So in retrospect, thanks to Ziller for requesting it, he made a favor also to me doing that .
Also thanks to you for actually taking my request in consideration

Finally got around to replacing that old preview .deb you originally sent me with the latest version from the Store. Saw that I've had the application in use for about a year now, never had a single problem with it! Works like a charm

The Following User Says Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post: