whenever I attempt to type out a text message over 3 words the app closes giving the error message
"Internal error. Application 'conversations' closed"

I get a similar message on the browser if I try to type more than 3 words into google search etc

before you people say:
Google this or
use power search for similar questions etc

I already have

everyother thread says restore Nokia N900 using maemo tools on pc etc
Which I am unable to do right now

So currently my phone is useless as a phone

Please tell me howto fix PLEASE

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
no cross posting.
read the ****ing forum rules!!!!!!

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

I asked for help concerning my nokia n900
bak off atilla

@atilla

Technically he double posted, not cross posted. An easy mistake.

@Jay92

With more information maybe it's easier to figure out how to fix.

- On screen keyboard, slide keyboard or both?
-What did you change?
-Have you installed any new software recently?
-How much can you type, exactly, does it blow up after any three words no matter the length, how about one very log word?
-What exacttly do you mean by google search? Are you typing searches into the box where you also type adresses, or are you going to google.com and then typing into the page.
-Does typing in xterm work?

If I try to type anymore than 3 words (spaced) on any webpage
in text boxes like on
youtube's homepage
or
google's homepage

I get the error 'Internal error.Application '**** ' closed'

It is even more annoying in 'conversations' where I am unable to type text messages without this error message appearing and closing app before I can send text

And no I have not recently installed any apps

Typing in xterm works fine

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Jay92 remember what apps related to typing/languages etc you installed/uninstalled. I refuse to believe problems like that happen without any interventions from user

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" Đ Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Are you using the physical keyboard when typing into those boxes, or are you using the on screen keyboard?

Try both on a web page. If only on screen keyboard fails then we can assume the problem is there. Then we can try to figure out which package the keyboard lives in and reinstall it.

Also try changing your input settings under "Settings - Text input", to see if it stops whatever is triggering the error.

Does anyone know if/where word completion stores its list of words used? If that is what's broken it might help moving/renaming the file, if anyone knows where to find it.

And please make a not of what settings you change, and copies of any word list file, that way a bug report can have as much detail as possible so it can be sorted so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I have the same problem as Jay92. Typing using both the physical and screen keyboard crashes the current application, mostly "conversations" but also happened in "notes". I tried typing a long sentence in google but didnīt appear to have the same issue, so far... I didnīt install new software or tampered with the phone in anyway. Help please...

I'm reflashing mine now according to https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware. This is due to an update, but I'm not sure which app it was. :/

quick edit note: my phone got stuck in full fail-loop as my email syncs with exchange from 9pm GMT to 11pm. Absolutely no chance to get on and see what broke it

Last edited by noctule; 2010-08-19 at 21:45.

I have very similar error.. started to happen out of nothing!!
did not change a thing!!

mine doesnt happen with typing 3 letters.. and it doesnt happen everysingle time..
sometimes I can have chat.. sometimes it doesnt even let me type a word.

it happens with both keyboards(virt-phys)

very very very annoying!!

I need a fix without reflashing..