Notices

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Hey richwhite.

Mankir is right. I was also on PR1.3 with power42 and had that problem with camera and fcam drivers, default cam crashes, also flashlight did not work.
I updated (from extras-devel) to power46 and problem is gone. It looks also like this is known bug already, as I could read the message when trying to install BlessN900 or FCamera with power42 active -and extras-devel actvated- that there is a problem: fcam drivers needs power kernel >=44.

Cheers.
So I was having the same problem and went ahead and updated the kernal to 0.46 but the problem persists. Has anyone had the same issue and tried something to different that works? I would love to get this working!

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by drums4life687 View Post
So I was having the same problem and went ahead and updated the kernal to 0.46 but the problem persists. Has anyone had the same issue and tried something to different that works? I would love to get this working!
I had the same issue. What fixed it for me was to re-install the camera drivers with dpkg. Just use dpkg to find the proper package name (I think it's fcam-drivers) and then tell dpkg to reinstall it (there's an over-ride flag, --reinstall I think). That and a quick reboot and all the camera apps were suddenly happy again.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
first off, a huge THANK YOU to the developers for this great piece of software, it truly makes my n900's camera exceptional. i have but one feature request, that being: the ability to save the individual photos taken at various exposures while using the HDR function. the reason: i have software on my desktop specifically designed for post processing work and compiling HDR photos from a series of varied exposure shots. i realize i can use FCamera for this, but to be honest i prefer to use BlessN900 whenever possible. once again, i thank you for the great app and your time and consideration on this matter.

Originally Posted by Alterran View Post
hello!
i was wondering if there's any way to adjust manually the ISO speed while in HQ and in HDR mode?
There is no way to adjust ISO manually in those modes, but why would you need that? You will unlikely achieve any quality improvement playing with ISO in those modes.

Originally Posted by tokag View Post
i have but one feature request, that being: the ability to save the individual photos taken at various exposures while using the HDR function. the reason: i have software on my desktop specifically designed for post processing work and compiling HDR photos from a series of varied exposure shots.
You can use 'Exposure bracketing' mode for that. In this mode individual photos are saved with no creation of resulting HDR image. So you can then fuse HDR with desktop software (for example, with our desktop software PhotoAcute Studio)

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
haha. no doubt. what has two thumbs and asks n00b questions? this guy! i don't know how, but obviously i overlooked that feature. must have been cough up in the overwhelming awesomeness of all it's other features. thank you for taking the time to answer such a lame question.

The Following User Says Thank You to tokag For This Useful Post:
tokag, no problem.
we are going to add even more modes soon, it will be easy to get lost

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I had the same issue. What fixed it for me was to re-install the camera drivers with dpkg. Just use dpkg to find the proper package name (I think it's fcam-drivers) and then tell dpkg to reinstall it (there's an over-ride flag, --reinstall I think). That and a quick reboot and all the camera apps were suddenly happy again.
Thanks for the help. I'm a little unfamiliar using dpkg though, and dpkg --help didn't really get me any farther. Can you paste the code here that you would use to reinstall the drivers? Sorry for being a noob.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Switzerland
Wuhu \o/ BlessN900 working again! Man, I love it I enjoy taking pics with it, especially HDR got extremely useful.
Yet I do have something I'd like to ask. In Blurless-mode, when I am taking pictures which are low-light conditions, I am getting funny-colored artifacts in some places. Is that what you refer to as "hot pixels"? I am not getting those in HDR-mode which is why I like it more, but then I am missing the awesome blurless option and superzoom.

But besides that, awesome add-ons of extra functionality and thanks for making my N900 a better cam than it was.

Just uhhh, I saw half a year ago you were also working on a video recording app on the N900. When will you release it? And will it include active focusing with maybe seemless switching of normal and night-mode?
Nice demonstration video btw

But hey, thanks again for the cool app and huge kudos for that.

mikki-kun

In the end, there will be only chaos! - Kratos, God of War 3

The Following User Says Thank You to mikki-kun For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
There is no way to adjust ISO manually in those modes, but why would you need that? You will unlikely achieve any quality improvement playing with ISO in those modes.
well, the thing is that the lower the ISO speed the less noise the pictures will have, especially the HDR images. You already know that. i was wondering if it would be possible to set the ISO speed at the lowest when taking a HDR. (i noticed that the ISO speed of a HDR i took at low light was 1600 and the picture was noisy. yes the light was dim but i had the phone on a stable surface, hence no need for the ISO to be that high)
and thanks fot this wonderful program.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alterran For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, nokia n900