Hello there,

I have particular issue with a screen, I assume is hardware, since I did flash and deleted everything, rebooted several times and wiped data and restored settings, unless there is something else that I can do.

Now I have this screen lines that seem more visible when brightness all the way down and especially on white like calendar or clock app, now that does not bother me much because when I bump up brightness I think the lines are still there but A LOT less visible to the eye (unless this is a known issue) correct me if I am wrong.
Now the bigger issue here is when I don't use my phone for like 2h leave it alone, and then try tot unlock my bottom of screen have this flashes and more intense line, this especially happens in cold weather like right now when is bellow 0 the screen goes crazy with flashes and lines, as soon as I enter in warm area screen seems better and it goes back to normal, now I opened the screen and reattached the ribbon flat cables, but issue is still there.
Now witthout going to service - or changing entire screen if there is anything else that I can do, that anyone can think of. Anyone had this issue before?

The Following User Says Thank You to tomislav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I have had several N9 and never had problems like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What you describe is very typical HW problem, most probably in the screen rather than on chipset.
Doctors order would be to change the screen, if genuine parts still are available. (there's always poorer-quality unofficial parts floating around ebay...)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What you describe is very typical HW problem, most probably in the screen rather than on chipset.
Doctors order would be to change the screen, if genuine parts still are available. (there's always poorer-quality unofficial parts floating around ebay...)
can you point me to official part-screen that you know of it.

or just buy used nokia n9 with working screen beat up housing

i can get here for 50e

Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
I have had several N9 and never had problems like that.
what is the reason you get rid off your n9 now.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
I think I have a similar issue to this too. I do get those screen lines on low brightness. What happens to mine though is that sometimes when I double tap, I can not wake up the display from the stand-by/glance screen. Even with the stand-by/glance option disabled in settings, I would still come upon that same issue except I would only get the black screen (display is still active though). I can kind of feel my way around the homescreen and stuff, but the display is still black. My only quick solution is to hold the power and up keys to powercycle it, then it gets back to normal. I'm assuming the display is getting weak? I mean it has been dropped quite a few times.

The Following User Says Thank You to Roth For This Useful Post:
Roth

than replacement screen would most likely solve your issues

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK

The Following User Says Thank You to Grazy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
http://stellatech.com/articles.php?cid=10315

good parts here
Ah, they left Berlin Germany before 2015...not cheap but...
Sent in 2012 replacement for defect delivered loudspeaker (2€) free off charge (only tested in my device), ordered for about 50 € before, i.e. special expensive N9 opening tool, made in Finland.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeadHorseRiding For This Useful Post:

Tags
lcd display, nokia n9