Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Let us get started for May!

Since Half-Life_4_Life is absent since some weeks i think it would be a nice gesture towards him to not let this fine idea sink into oblivion but show it created a life of its own
Please feel free to contribute everyone, until Half-Life_4_Lifes return, we should concider the "Photo Competition Admin" position sort of a trophy Imho.

Our recurring champion Ste-phan says:
Hi, didn't notice that. until now. I was traveling during voting, really bad internet.

Anyway, what do you think about: snobs. Go after people that have more toys and bigger wardrobe than you and like to display and expose them for the snobs they are

Wide interpretation, inventor of theme not responsable for damage of equipment or personal injury during capture of theme related snapshots.
The rules are known.

Photos must be taken during this month
Photos must be taken by the posting member
Photos must be taken with a camera phone
Users post only one photo per entry
Users can change the entry only once
Users must name the phone they used (so I could include it for voting)
Last three days of this month are for voting

And again, feel free everyone to start the voting at 0:00cest 2016-05-28.

Until then, bring all your social skills and lure some snobs into shootworthy position
Have fun and luck!

Last month

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Bullsh*t theme this time.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
the worst part is, legality of photographing a person, and sharing the photo, with or without person's consent. I would vote for photographing an object (like, pink limousine) belonging to a snob (in-topic), but that's not necessarily enough...

Thank you. Best wishes.
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Of course it depends on the local legislation what is acceptable; For example in Finland it is OK to take pictures of people in public places and display them; asking for a release is not required.

In other countries, France for example it is not possible, even in street photography you need a release from people who are recognizable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
This is really a bad theme, regardless of the law, theming people is not a good idea for picture competition, even this time is a negatively evaluated one. It can't be worse.

I hope this does not ruin the competition itself for the future participants. I will quit this round.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Let us get started for May!

Since Half-Life_4_Life is absent since some weeks i think it would be a nice gesture towards him to not let this fine idea sink into oblivion but show it created a life of its own
Please feel free to contribute everyone, until Half-Life_4_Lifes return, we should concider the "Photo Competition Admin" position sort of a trophy Imho.

Our recurring champion Ste-phan says:

The rules are known.

Photos must be taken during this month
Photos must be taken by the posting member
Photos must be taken with a camera phone
Users post only one photo per entry
Users can change the entry only once
Users must name the phone they used (so I could include it for voting)
Last three days of this month are for voting

And again, feel free everyone to start the voting at 0:00cest 2016-05-28.

Until then, bring all your social skills and lure some snobs into shootworthy position
Have fun and luck!

Last month
Where is the sample?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm just going to take a pic of the local Apple Store.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Well hear all those walk-the-liners.. The law this and that..understood but..hey.. on a forum thread visited by 20 people, weekly

I'll give you a hint that many of your preferred photograph subjects, namely the pets, are very frequently used as status symbols and your desire to photograph them might even reward you with interesting conversations with their owner.

Photography is about human interaction, observation and not necessarily lawsuits.

@ chenliangchen . Shanghai / London sounds like extremely fertile ground for this subject. You have virtually won (by an anonymous selfie?)

@ Gerbick :Someone with imagination Apple store: sounds like great place to start and check out.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Bullsh*t theme this time.
Yeah. Just like this one. And just like then, I am out!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I'm not too comfortable photographing other people either, so I decided to be own snob. Hope it meets the requirements

https://sites.google.com/a/stylezsof...attredirects=0