Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
NOKIA is done making phones. They dont have the moneys nor the muscle to compete with Android nor iOS. BB cant do it either. I think its good time for NOKIA to remove that tumor called Devices and Services and rethink their future priorities. Forget about handsets. Unless you have something revolutionary, you dont have stand a chance. And Jolla, has anyone ever heard of them, except that they mess up google search for tourists looking to find loding in real La Jolla.

You, sir, have over a longer time shown an amount of reason, objectivity and deduction that I don't actually have to read what you write to know the value of it. I don't believe you're real.

Have a good day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
I would be surprised if there ain't at least some kind of discussion over at Nokia about buying Jolla in the future to kind of finish what they started. Though perhaps all those employes might have alread left Nokia.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
I can Imagine the selling of Devices & Services unit was very hard for the shareholders... I mean Nokia had their whole research department (now named Advanced Technologies) focused on mobile sw & hw research. I believe there was much unharnessed potential there, and now much of it can't be used, at least until 2016.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
Then again [...] there's much reason to believe we've really seen the last of Nokia in consumer electronics.
Maybe the phones, but I believe they might start doing something else... Nowadays they're a company largely concentrating on providing connectivity solutions (hence "connecting people") on both sw & hardware sides, so I wouldn't be surprised if they unveiled some kind of consumer electronics device(s) in the future.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Yeah, but do the people of Jolla ever want to have anything to do with Nokia after appalling way it was mismanaged by the top executives, didn't listen to customers and they wanted, made things miserable for anyone that disagreed with them (even on obvious things that weren't even a matter of opinion), sold off the company's assets left and right and, worst of all, callously fired swaths of them months after months over the past several years--especially after Elop took over.

My opinion, if I were a Jolla executive, is that Jolla wouldn't WANT to be bought by Nokia, to be honest.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
elop is nero, elopocalypse, king tomi, nero fiddling