Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
i like those moving eyes lol

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
eyes widget is already in the maemo repositories
they use the accelerometer to look around, and blink occasionally too

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
For some reason, I'd not put my proposal into this thread, and so here it is: Time Tracker app and widget:

http://share.ovi.com/media/arjwright...RJWright.10519

The widget aspect is on the bottom right of it. Not sure if that fits this or is too large in scope, but should be pretty neat as an app.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Prague, Czech Republic
I was missing a Nameday widget for Maemo 5, because I always forgot to wish someone. So I wrote a simple widget, that should be now in extras-devel repository. Version 0.2 include only czech and slovak databases, but it's very simple to define new databases for other countries.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rmoravcik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Platania (CZ), ITALY
I'm trying to write a little widget for the generation of fiscale codes (for them Italian users)

email: antoniodicello[at]gmail[dot]com
blog: http://rafanto.net

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Namedays are cool, I think every country should have them. Why have only one birthday, when you can have two?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Zelig87 View Post
.... and "Speedo" swimming costumes being an iconic Australian brand...
Hm, one can hardly call a Speedo a "costume". Doesn't seem to even have as much fabric in it as the Lone Ranger's mask.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
From this thread

It was a silly discussion, but the idea of using the front camera as a pocket mirror would make a nifty little widget. Limited use, perhaps, but more valuable to me than a widget to off-set co2 or see what's trending on amazon.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Another one come out of the silly discussion that might be worth investing a few minutes in: a counter.

Lbt remarked here that his wife wants n900 to count her knitting rows. I wondered how that might work, and I think a 'tap counter' widget might be a useful feature for other things as well as knitting.

Two modes: open and closed. When closed, it simply 'remembers' your number. When open, you tap the number square (or circle, ovoid, hexagon...) and the number increments by one. At the end of the count, close, and it remembers the number till next time. Keep a record of ... whatever. knitting rows, alcohol units, notches on your bedpost...

Is it possible?

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
It was a silly discussion, but the idea of using the front camera as a pocket mirror would make a nifty little widget. Limited use, perhaps, but more valuable to me than a widget to off-set co2 or see what's trending on amazon.
Mirror 'application' promoted to extras-testing:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=351158

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, requests, widgets