Notices

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Why is this such a touchy subject btw? Everyone here blame Nokia for everything from bad apples to yellow cars. The fMMS app clearly suck compared with MMS on dumbphones 8 years ago, I mean come on.
look at the author of fmms and ask yourself how rewarding it is to completely write mms implementation from scratch because nokia don't want to? good that you werent here when frals started working on fmms...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by jperez2009 View Post
Only sucks from your perspective, but to be honest, it's amazing because of the simple fact we don't have it natively. Frals has done a fine job making this, so major props to him on making this. Keep up the great work Frals!

EDIT:
(Wow, I didn't finish what I was saying before I posted :lol: )
Quick note, yes, there are some features we'd all like to see, but if you want it done quicker, why not learn the implementation and do it yourself and submit it? You should give more constructive criticism rather that just flat out saying it suck. That's just flame bait and helps no one. Can't code? Suggest a feature and wait patiently.
It is not like MMS and MMS functionality from a user point of view is a new thing that needs to be explored or anything. The functionality is standard on all phones from the cheapest to the most expensive. If you pick up any Sony Ericson, Nokia, Samsung or LG, and I mean ANY phone, even Android and iPhone, you got the basic blueprint of what and how. There isn't any need for detailed and 'constructive' critisism, either it works as expected or it doesn't.

I'm sorry, but fMMS does not work as you would expect. It is limited and strange.

Besides, my question was not about improving fMMS. I was asking if there was an alternative that IMO doesn't suck as much. I shouldn't use the word suck I guess, but it is a good description.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
No, there aren't any other MMS applications, feel free to write one that doesn't "suck", at least in your opinion.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Just like to say thanks @frals. Never knew who made the app and I definitely appreciate it. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ sjdm,bulacan,philippines
Fmms really works great in my device and i dont have any serious problem with it.Great job Frals!

What I would like to see improved in fMMS?:
[*]Ability to attach more than a single image. (muliple attachments in one sending)

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
@ericsson- know this much, folk have reacted to your insensitive dismissal of Frals' efforts. We appreciate his answer to a sad shortcoming by Nokia, whereas "it sucks" strikes a rather different note. Be appreciative and folk will pay attention. Perhaps you knew nothing of fMMs' history?

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ sjdm,bulacan,philippines
Fmms really works great in my device and i dont have any serious problem with it.Great job Frals!
No need for any alternative mms for me.
What I would like to see improved in fMMS?:
[*]Ability to attach more than a single image. (muliple attachments in one sending)

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
It is not like MMS and MMS functionality from a user point of view is a new thing that needs to be explored or anything. The functionality is standard on all phones from the cheapest to the most expensive. If you pick up any Sony Ericson, Nokia, Samsung or LG, and I mean ANY phone, even Android and iPhone, you got the basic blueprint of what and how. There isn't any need for detailed and 'constructive' critisism, either it works as expected or it doesn't.

I'm sorry, but fMMS does not work as you would expect. It is limited and strange.

Besides, my question was not about improving fMMS. I was asking if there was an alternative that IMO doesn't suck as much. I shouldn't use the word suck I guess, but it is a good description.
Well, from my POV it does everything the other ones does except send multiple files in one message - so I recon I need the 'constructive' critisism since you obviously have another view on the whole concept. However it seems you are more focused on dismissing it as sucking instead of actually bringing forth any valid points at all...

It's limited and strange because it let's you circumvent arbitrary restrictions on what file types and size you attach? Riiiiight, gotcha.

Welcome to the community, we try to *improve* instead of throwing away months of hard work because someone somewhere finds it lacking.

PS. Patches welcome

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
fmms is useless to me because you have to have data plan to receive or send pictures. You can't do it with wi-fi or can't do it within the concept of txt messaging. My oldest phone which ISN'T a smartphone and was 5 years old...was able to receive pictures through txt messaging and this smartphone can't!!

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
fmms is useless to me because you have to have data plan to receive or send pictures. You can't do it with wi-fi or can't do it within the concept of txt messaging. My oldest phone which ISN'T a smartphone and was 5 years old...was able to receive pictures through txt messaging and this smartphone can't!!
No, your plan needs to be MMS enabled. No real MMS implementation does it over wi-fi.
Picture SMS is something completely different which fMMS has never said to deliver. Please get your facts straight before whining about something, thanks.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:

Tags
fmms rules, mms or pms, never happy, op is a bumder, op is a douche, op is an idiot, op is on rag, op needs a slap, op sucks, thanks frals