Active Topics

It's mostly done folks, aiming to get all devices assigned this week. One or two developers haven't responded to my email which is holding things up a little. The bounty shares will be a breeze once the devices are all assigned.

After that I'll collect the addresses together and send them all to council to pass to the Nokia rep, then zehjotkah will work his magical paypal vooodo for the bounty shares.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
After that I'll collect the addresses together and send them all to council to pass to the Nokia rep, then zehjotkah will work his magical paypal vooodo for the bounty shares.
zehjotkah should wait with the bounty breeze until we know that Nokia is finally shipping the devices. Just in case. #neverTrustAgain

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Good point, and I have actually though about that - but even such enfant terrible as me was little afraid to mention it here

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Don't worry, ofcourse we understand that we need confirm device prizes are accepted fine by Nokia before sharing out the community bounty.

I must admit I do worry sometimes when things move out of my control and I'm relying on others. Once the list of device winners gets to Nokia, visibility on the process goes dark for me and it's really between Nokia and the winner to make sure their device is received fine. For example, if it gets stuck at customs. I can help chase stuff up for you via help of the council, but I don't have any direct link to the Nokia rep to assist you that way.

However I think we shouldn't be too concerned. In the previous competitions we've never had any problem yet with Nokia delivering, in fact they've always been first class with their support of the competition. I know there have been custom charges before with packages to Argentina (that's taken care of this time I believe) but never problems actually sending the devices out. So I don't see any problems this time either. Now try not to worry, and let's not jinx things by mentioning it again*

*superstitious

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-05 at 12:52.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Hey all, just 10 mins ago we have the last device assigned - thanks for your patience with the process

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Codi...on_2012#Prizes

If you find yourself on the list as a device winner, please email me your address details (just reply to the email I contacted you all on). This should be your name and the address you want your device to be sent to. The sooner I get everyone's collected, the sooner council will be able to pass them on to the Nokia rep (that should speed everyone up )

Bounty shares have not yet been done and that will be the next set of prizes to be assigned to developers - so if you're not on the prize list so far, don't give up hope just yet. You might still find yourself or a friend on the list very soon

There's a couple of developers already assigned as bounty share winners on the list, these are winners who were a little unlucky and were ineligible for a device prize (already had a N9 and N950). The device was offered to the next along (with multiple entries discounted). There's a couple of results which look strange with devices offered to apps placed quite low down (6th etc), because of the multiiple entry/inelgible developer reasons.

If you have any questions please let me know, quickest way is to email the competition email address (as I'll get the email alert popup at work).

There's still a N9 to be awarded for the extra special fcrochik prize, that'll be done after the other prizes have been assigned (and we can see who has and hasn't received a reward already).

Edit: I had a quick look in the council voting thread, I'm not really sure what's happening there.. but it's probably another reason I'd like to get all device winners addresses in asap. It seems to be a bumpy time at maemo.org right now.

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-07 at 23:33.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Hey all, just 10 mins ago we have the last device assigned - thanks for your patience with the process

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Codi...on_2012#Prizes

If you find yourself on the list as a device winner, please email me your address details (just reply to the email I contacted you all on). This should be your name and the address you want your device to be sent to. The sooner I get everyone's collected, the sooner council will be able to pass them on to the Nokia rep (that should speed everyone up )

Bounty shares have not yet been done and that will be the next set of prizes to be assigned to developers - so if you're not on the prize list so far, don't give up hope just yet. You might still find yourself or a friend on the list very soon

There's a couple of developers already assigned as bounty share winners on the list, these are winners who were a little unlucky and were ineligible for a device prize (already had a N9 and N950). The device was offered to the next along (with multiple entries discounted). There's a couple of results which look strange with devices offered to apps placed quite low down (6th etc), because of the multiiple entry/inelgible developer reasons.

If you have any questions please let me know, quickest way is to email the competition email address (as I'll get the email alert popup at work).

There's still a N9 to be awarded for the extra special fcrochik prize, that'll be done after the other prizes have been assigned (and we can see who has and hasn't received a reward already).

Edit: I had a quick look in the council voting thread, I'm not really sure what's happening there.. but it's probably another reason I'd like to get all device winners addresses in asap. It seems to be a bumpy time at maemo.org right now.
We have confirmation from Nokia that they have allocated 12 N9 (not 11??) and 14 N950.

It's mandatory to set up a Nokia Developer account in order to receive the prize, including the following information:
-name
-address
-email
-phone

Once they receive the list of winners, it will take two or three days to ship the devices.

They have also warned that, unfortunately, there are some difficulties with the custom in some Asian and Latin American countries. With these it takes longer or it might even be impossible to ship.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2012-10-08 at 08:53.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
We have confirmation from Nokia that they have allocated 12 N9 (not 11??) and 14 N950.

It's mandatory to set up a Nokia Developer account in order to receive the prize, including the following information:
-name
-address
-email
-phone

Once they receive the list of winners, it will take two or three days to ship the devices.

They have also warned that, unfortunately, there are some difficulties with the custom in some Asian and Latin American countries. With these it takes longer or it might even be impossible to ship.
Thanks ivgalvez, I was not aware of this

Apologies everyone, please stop sending me your postal addresses I was under the impression that we would be sending the contact details directly, but as ivgalvez has confirmed, it will be handled through developer accounts. If you don't already have one, your first step will be to register for one.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/

Do you know if they need to be part of the launchpad program ivgalvez, or is a developer site account enough? Presumably those who already have an account only need their name/account username sent to the Nokia rep then?

[Edit: since confirmed that Launchpad is not needed]

If there's anyone reading the thread that has received a device from community awards (or previous device program), could you help explain the process on here for the new guys (and me)? Many thanks

The 12 devices would be the 11 for the coding competition plus fcrochik's N9 he was awarded previously but has donated to the coding competition. We're handling that a little differently. But it's great to have confirmation that our devices are allocated

Sorry again for the confusion!

PS: I have limited access to the net today, but will be back online later after work. Apologies for lack of updates in meantime.

PS2: I have received 6 or 7 addresses already from folks, sorry for wasting your time on that If you get any strange post in the next few weeks it isn't from me..

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-08 at 12:16.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Thanks ivgalvez, I was not aware of this

Apologies everyone, please stop sending me your postal addresses I was under the impression that we would be sending the contact details directly, but as ivgalvez has confirmed, it will be handled through developer accounts. If you don't already have one, your first step will be to register for one.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/

Do you know if they need to be part of the launchpad program ivgalvez, or is a developer site account enough? Presumably those who already have an account only need their name/account username sent to the Nokia rep then?

If there's anyone reading the thread that has received a device from community awards (or previous device program), could you help explain the process on here for the new guys (and me)? Many thanks

The 12 devices would be the 11 for the coding competition plus fcrochik's N9 he was awarded previously but has donated to the coding competition. We're handling that a little differently. But it's great to have confirmation that our devices are allocated

Sorry again for the confusion!

PS: I have limited access to the net today, but will be back online later after work. Apologies for lack of updates in meantime.

PS2: I have received 6 or 7 addresses already from folks, sorry for wasting your time on that If you get any strange post in the next few weeks it isn't from me..
What you need to collect and send to Council (we will hand it to Nokia) is the list of winners including name, device and Nokia Developer account. The rest of the details should be available in their ND profile.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
You see, kojacker? Another reason, that you should get device - you would know, how process for receiving it works, and it's valuable experience for CC organizer

Anyway, one need to just register on developer.nokia.com, providing complete shipping address data. As Nokia have just moved to "one login" system, it may be little confusing - don't worry, even if You mess something during registration, You can modify address data later, just after logging in, and going to your profile settings.

Unrelated comment - be happy, that You're receiving devices now, not at CA times, when Nokia merged database (for "one login") just after every receiver registered on developer.nokia.com. As a result, one user from UK got "Papua/New Guinea" assignes as his shipping address, and another one found - in his profile - data of someone else, including mail address and phone number

As it should be all fixed now, those are emotions, that current winners are gonna miss

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
What you need to collect and send to Council (we will hand it to Nokia) is the list of winners including name, device and Nokia Developer account. The rest of the details should be available in their ND profile.
Thanks ivgalvez

Would anyone be able to confirm if the winners need a launchpad account, or is a standard developer.nokia.com account enough?

[...SNIP...]
Edit:
It looks like Estel has this covered Thanks for the details!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Anyway, one need to just register on developer.nokia.com, providing complete shipping address data. As Nokia have just moved to "one login" system, it may be little confusing - don't worry, even if You mess something during registration, You can modify address data later, just after logging in, and going to your profile settings.
Looks like Launchpad isn't a necessity after all - should be quicker then

Unrelated comment - be happy, that You're receiving devices now, not at CA times, when Nokia merged database (for "one login") just after every receiver registered on developer.nokia.com. As a result, one user from UK got "Papua/New Guinea" assignes as his shipping address, and another one found - in his profile - data of someone else, including mail address and phone number

As it should be all fixed now, those are emotions, that current winners are gonna miss
haha - sounds annoying, we're glad to miss all those emotions! Hopefully none of our UK winners will need to travel to Papua New Guinea to pick up their device

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-08 at 12:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas