Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi! I'm having 'broken' images for most of my pictures after transferring the pictures from my N900 to micro SD card. Can anyone help?

I have even tried re-formatting the SD card, re-started the phone, unplug the battery over 10mins. The photo viewer application is not uninstallable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Now I can't move any files to my N900???

The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected???

Even moving from the memory card through the N900 does not work!

I'm almost giving up hope...

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
I have problems from time to time with unviewable pictures on my micro SD cards, but then the cards I have are pretty old now, and I figure they are starting to go bad in spots. Perhaps you could test with a different card?

On the problem with internal N900 storage -- just a sanity check here, could the internal storage still be locked after the phone was placed into "Mass storage mode"?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the idea! I plugged in and allowed the PC to run a scan and it 'unlocked' the read only mode. Saved me the trouble of flashing my N900 tonight.

Still having problem to transfer the files though. Every few pictures, the error keeps coming back. 'The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected'.

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Every few pictures, the error keeps coming back. 'The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected'.
Would this be the SD card or the internal storage? (And, I hate to mention it, but there's always the possibility that you're running into the infamous USB port problem, if this is a USB error message...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
My problem is with the internal storage. I couldn't get all my pictures into the new 16Gb SD, so I had to move them back to the internal memory via Nokia Suite.

I didn't use 'move' directly from the SD to eMMC because I wanted to clear ALL the broken photo viewer files.

It's taken almost my entire Easter, but I'm almost done. Just 900pics to go. I'm planning to reflash my eMMC some time soon. Any good links/userguides? I tried to download the flashing software from Maemo.org but the website had some error.

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
My problem is with the internal storage.
Drat. Sorry to hear that.

I'm planning to reflash my eMMC some time soon. Any good links/userguides? I tried to download the flashing software from Maemo.org but the website had some error.
Well, I'm the wrong person to say anything, given that I've only flashed an N900 once before (despite owning a couple of them for several years now), but have you checked out the wiki page on updating the Nokia tablet line?:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

It's amazingly comprehensive, and apparently even has video tutorials now...

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
but have you checked out the wiki page on updating the Nokia tablet line?:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

It's amazingly comprehensive, and apparently even has video tutorials now...
Keep getting this error trying to download the flasher.
An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.5affe3c.1364792973.1b5f4d3d

But thanks. I'll try to do this during the weekend when I have more time.