Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Were we due for another pointless entanglement? I lost track.
Probably. It seems that people aren't even willing to check their facts before saying something these days. That is, unless Geneven is trying to express something else, but just failing to do so?

Geneven, click on this link (same as above), and tell me if this isn't what you are expecting? Would you prefer to see every single item in each edition to be posted in its own thread? Wouldn't that make things unbearably replicational?

FYI, those threads have been posted and stickied since the beginning of MWKN, so I don't know how you could've missed them.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Geneven, click on this link (same as above), and tell me if this isn't what you are expecting? Would you prefer to see every single item in each edition to be posted in its own thread? Wouldn't that make things unbearably replicational?
Not to mention redundant, since many of the stories already come directly from threads here. . . .

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by firstknight View Post
i am interested to help... jus need some guidance.... i dun wanna start making criticism without first contributing.... =)
Thanks. Sign up for a Twitter account if you haven't got one already and (I find it easiest to) post using something like Echofon - integrated directly into your browser.

As you come across interesting links and news stories about Maemo, post to Twitter a message of the form:

Code:
@mwkn section message url
These'll be reviewed and re-posted by the MWKN account and, after a few of them, MWKN will start "following" you and they'll get reposted automatically.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Hmm... I want to contribute Jaffa, but I'm new at twitter (especially only created for mwkn) and I guess I'm to stupid.

When I post it it should instantly appear here, or am I wrong?

I posted 2 news for mwkn, but booth are not delivered. Please have a look here: twitter.com

Where is my mistake?

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Oh, slept a night. Now it is there.

I guess I was not patient enough. So, I can confirm... Everything works fine with mwkn!

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by helex View Post
When I post it it should instantly appear here, or am I wrong?
It's not automatic until you're "accepted" as a contributor, at which point the Twitter mwkn account will "follow" you.

Until then, it's a manual process to review submissions. So, some points:
  • Your text forms the basis of the headline, so focus on clarity.
  • Contributions for stuff other than your own generated news are welcome :-)

Thanks,

Andrew

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
It's not automatic until you're "accepted" as a contributor, at which point the Twitter mwkn account will "follow" you.

Until then, it's a manual process to review submissions.
Ah, thanks. I missed this part.

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
  • Your text forms the basis of the headline, so focus on clarity.
  • Contributions for stuff other than your own generated news are welcome :-)
Mh, I'm not a Nokia employee and only a small hobby programmer in my spare time. I know I'm not the biggest community contributor and for the big news I'm always to late.
As soon as they appear at talk.maemo.org everybody knows about it. But as soon as I have a news nobody else has heard about I will use twitter to let mwkn know.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Tags
digest?, good news, help wanted, mwkn, news, no news