Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Hi

I've been working on Qt extra libs for Maemo and uploaded them into extras-devel yesterday. Basically the libs offer Qt application developers easier access to Fremantle API's that are not available using normal Qt API's.

More info available from http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Qt_Extra_Libraries

Since I don't have a N900 to test with, I'm asking for some help. If someone with N900 could try if the libs work on the device.

I uploaded a example application using the libraries tonight to extras-devel. The application main view consist of three buttons. One to change screen orientation and the other two to show Hildon banner and system note. Screen orientation changing can be set to automatic from the application menu.

You need to install the libs and the application using apt-get.

Code:
apt-get install qhildon-widgetcapabilities qhildon-systemcapabilities qhildon-notifications qmaemo-ext-libs-example
It also depends on libqt4-core, libqt4-gui and libqt4-dbus. I don't know if they're in the device already.

One warning in advance. At least when staring the application from scratchbox it doesn't start on the first try. Second one succeeds. If you feel unconfortable using unstable things, you might want to skip this test.

All feedback is appreciated.

Edit: Libs have been fixed the example doesn't segfault at start anymore

Last edited by timoph; 2009-10-28 at 06:00.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Segmentation fault

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Did you try to start it for a second time? It does the same thing on scratchbox but starts on the second try.

Yes, several times - segfaults all the same. Don't have strace or anything too useful to discover what happens...

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Guess I'll just have wait for Nokia to start shipping the devices. Hard to test without hardware.

The Following User Says Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Fremont, CA
Hi timoph,

You should add you name at http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Developer_Device_Queue

The Following User Says Thank You to kimitake For This Useful Post:
There is another option, the remote-access thingy on forum.nokia.com, not sure if it's good enough for you, but certainly easier than blind-testing through extras-devel.

Originally Posted by kimitake View Post
Hi timoph,

You should add you name at http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Developer_Device_Queue
Worth trying

I fixed the libs and the example can be now run on the device by installing the packages listed in the first post.

Tags
development, extra libraries, n900, qt4