Notices

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I'm not sure this could be possible, but is there a way to dictate which browser would open certain bookmarks? Obviously I have different bookmarks for different browsers because each browser has its advantage over another for certain sites. It would be nice If my default browser was set to Opera, but I could open a Firefox bookmark on the home screen and open it in Firefox.
Any way to make this happen?

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I'm not sure this could be possible, but is there a way to dictate which browser would open certain bookmarks? Obviously I have different bookmarks for different browsers because each browser has its advantage over another for certain sites. It would be nice If my default browser was set to Opera, but I could open a Firefox bookmark on the home screen and open it in Firefox.
Any way to make this happen?
Actually. I had a memory that at some point my n9 before opening a bookmark asked for the webbrowser to use...but i cant seem to be able to repro it yet(or maybe i just dreamed about it heh).
I have *some* ideas on how it could be done, but none tested yet.
To be defined in the next version!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
I was just thinking I should make an app like this, after manually copying and replacing bookmark icons, Ican tell you this is a necessity!

Enthusiasm killed, can you manually set international prices?

Because AUD$2 is a lot of money for something I can already do, and I'm sure you'd make a lot more by dropping the price!

Last edited by optimaxxx; 2012-11-07 at 17:24.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
optimaxxx,

App prices on the Store are usually in bands...The developer chooses a band then Store puts the price for the app...

Anyway I don't think AUD$2 is really an amount to haggle over...

Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
I was just thinking I should make an app like this, after manually copying and replacing bookmark icons, Ican tell you this is a necessity!
a lot more by dropping the price!
Thanks for the feedback!!
Its the lowest price you can set from the store....
edit: looks like genius director E (as on E*op) found yet another eay to mock this beautiful phone!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2012-11-07 at 21:59.

Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
Because AUD$2 is a lot of money for something I can already do, and I'm sure you'd make a lot more by dropping the price!
I have been considering switching to a "donation"-based model, but I am not sure if Nokia supports it?

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Sorry if that seemed a bit ill-tempered of me!

IWould have no idea there mate, try contacting a donation-funded dev like schturman or tgalal?

Good luck with it all!

Heh no worries .

Meanwhile, I have been tempted by another side - project to BWizz:
port it to N900,good or bad idea?

Announce!
Free version of BWizz is available!
Give it a try!

http://store.ovi.com/content/333998

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2012-12-06 at 20:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post: