Active Topics

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I don't know why, but uninstallation of all my packages deletes all files but leaves a folders of the packages. I can't understand why... In debian packages it was easy - deleted all what was installed.
Here is a example of my .spec file. It's a simple package with only 3 files: .desktop, .png and aliendalvik-restart that located in /usr/share/jolla-adrestart folder. Only this folder leaves after uninstallation.
(I know, I know the "jolla-" prefix is for jolla apps, it's just example of my first package)
Code:
Name:          adalvikrefresh
Version:       0.3
Release:       3
Summary:       Alien Dalvik Refresh
Group:         System/Tools
Vendor:        Schturman
Distribution:  SailfisfOS
Packager: Schturman <schturman@hotmail.com>
URL:           www.dhrider.co.cc

License:       GPL

%description
Refresh buttom of Alien Dalvik service.

%files
/usr/share/applications/adalvikrefresh.desktop
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/86x86/apps/aliendalvikrestart.png

%defattr(4755,root,root)
/usr/share/jolla-adrestart/aliendalvik-restart

%changelog
* Wed Jan 25 2014 Builder <builder@...> 0.1
- First build.
Can our experts tell me what wrong here please ?

We tried with Coderus to find the reason, but without success

I found one interesting explanation about postuninstall script (%postun): http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Howto/RPM
Code:
This will allow the programmer to distinguish different attitudes of his scripts depending on the operation: install or upgrade. 

• For install scripts ( %post, %pre ) check if $1 is equal to "1" then it is a first time install, not an update.
  • For uninstall scripts ( %postun, %preun ) check if $1 is equal to "0", if yes then it is a full removal; if not it is either an upgrade or an install --force of the same package.
Code:
To test this argument, the following 'if' statement is used: 
 %postun
if [ $1 = 0 ]; then
     // Do stuff specific to uninstalls
fi
if [ $1 = 1 ]; then
     // Do stuff specific to upgrades
fi
In this way I can add rm -rf /usr/share/jolla-adrestart to this %postun section and it will work perfectly. But I still don't know if this correct way to do for removing packages...
Please any advice ?

Last edited by Schturman; 2014-02-17 at 22:26.