Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
Yes, face recognition in the photos. I never really noticed a change in the device speed, but it was a long time ago regardless.

Thanks for the info though, this is some great stuff.

I'm not really a developer, but it might push me to consider something.
Cameraplus does face recognition in photos, and source is on github. Don't know if it implements face detection itself or uses API, but might be worth a look-see . . .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Katowice, PL
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Thank you, briest. So instead of c-dung I will have the garden stinking of t-dung. Delightful.
Thank you. I hoped you'd find my advice helpful, but "delightful" is far above expected reaction scale

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
How could the poor beast know what creature made it if it had never seen a lion?
So, the next logical step would be applying a real tiger to the problem, possibly multiple times: once to get known to local c. population, then periodically to remind. Between those times you'd have the garden all to yourself. Getting rid of tiger (or multiple tigers) is left as as an exercise to reader; as for getting it to appear, there's a thread about importing phones from India -- maybe the channel, once established, can be used to other goods as well?

Maybe find a patch of land nearby and plant a catnip there, to attract c.s out? Or just get a dog *)

*) dog - better than cat (http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...an1/dog.1.html)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to briest For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Katowice, PL
And now, for something more ontopic: most opensource image recognition solutions are related to OpenCV. See Face Recognition with OpenCV for simple examples and OpenBiometrics site for more polished tools.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to briest For This Useful Post:

Tags
meego, photo, photography, recognition