Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I said... Apple "bounced back" from their failure. Nokia "bounced back" from their success. You're just saying the same thing I did.
ah... thought you were insinuating that Nokia bounced back to success somewhere and I missed it.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I bought more yesterday. Dollar cost averaging for the win (50% of my losses recovered)

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
ah... thought you were insinuating that Nokia bounced back to success somewhere and I missed it.
Unless "success" meant "epic fail", nnnnnnnope!

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I bought more yesterday. Dollar cost averaging for the win (50% of my losses recovered)
Or... 50% of your losses... lost. :P Oh dude.. no. That's bad. You have a gambling problem. At the very least, a self-esteem problem if you're admitting that in public.

Please, seek help immediately. Think of the children!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Seriously? This is the ad Nokia is going to run for their new Lumia devices? What year does Nokia think this is? They make LOUSY commercials. and this is yet another commercial proving that Nokia cannot make commercials to save their lives--which, at this point, it really IS to save their lives. :P As bad as Microsoft is at putting together commercials, these guys REALLY make MS's look good.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1397926.html

heh.. oh gawd. And here.. let's add THIS fuel to that particular fire: http://www.informationweek.com/news/...ones/232800095

Seriously.. you bought MORE stock in THAT company?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2012-04-04 at 07:31.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Lol!!!! ten chars.....

Wow, this whole forum is nothing else than trolls these days.

Yes got myself some Nokia stock today as well. Portofio 9% up at the moment.

There's an interesting VW short squeeze possibilty for 2012. Stock has risen since there was 270 million banked that the stock will fall in Q4 on short selling NOK. Depending on very low expecations given for Q1 there's some real possibility for it.

Also USA investors always miss out the Symbian sales. While Symbian sales will keep declining like no day, i believe the Belle update in Q1 and 808 sales in Q2 will surprise some. WP will sell on the estimates something between 2.3-4 million on Q1.

Last edited by tissot; 2012-04-04 at 09:08.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Wow, this whole forum is nothing else than trolls these days.

Yes got myself some Nokia stock today as well. Portofio 9% up at the moment.

There's an interesting WV short squeeze possibilty for 2012. Stock has risen since there was 270 million banked that the stock will fall in Q4. Depending on very low expecations given for Q1 there's some real possibility for it.

Also USA investors always miss out the Symbian sales. While Symbian sales will keep declining like no day, i believe the Belle update in Q1 and 808 sales in Q2 will surprise some. WP will sell on the estimates something between 2.3-4 million on Q1.
How's the competition faring? Just saying--if you're investing, you might want to actually LOOK AROUND. heh

I hear this guy gave the new iPad a very good rating:

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
How's the competition faring? Just saying--if you're investing, you might want to actually LOOK AROUND. heh

I hear this guy gave the new iPad a very good rating:
Is it a gif? Can't see it. Writing this from ipad 2 and don't have comp near me.

EDIT. Now it started loading.

And no fear. Nokia represents under 20% of my stock portfolio, though there's possibility i increase that depending on Q1 report. And yes at the moment i own N9, Lumia 800, iPhone 4 and GS2, plus of course iPad 2. Never been slave of everything linux myself and always gone for the devices i actually like.

As a whole Nokia's stock in the 3 euro range is quite risk free. Nokia's assets and patent portoflio at that point are above the stock value.

Nokia did ship a lot of smartphones in 2011 Q1 to warehouses, and so the Q2 did take a beating last year. That's something to think as comparisons between last year Q1 can get the stock sliding.

Last edited by tissot; 2012-04-04 at 09:49.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Is it a gif? Can't see it. Writing this from ipad 2 and don't have comp near me.

EDIT. Now it started loading.

And no fear. Nokia represents under 20% of my stock portfolio, though there's possibility i increase that depending on Q1 report. And yes at the moment i own N9, Lumia 800, iPhone 4 and GS2, plus of course iPad 2. Never been slave of everything linux myself and always gone for the devices i actually like.

As a whole Nokia's stock in the 3 euro range is quite risk free. Nokia's assets and patent portoflio at that point are above the stock value.

Nokia did ship a lot of smartphones in 2011 Q1 to warehouses, and so the Q2 did take a beating last year. That's something to think as comparisons between last year Q1 can get the stock sliding.

Cant agree more. I am fairly confident from my experience with Lumia 800 that Windows phones will sell quite nicely. I predict that it will be close to $20 in 2 years.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Cant agree more. I am fairly confident from my experience with Lumia 800 that Windows phones will sell quite nicely. I predict that it will be close to $20 in 2 years.
I just ignore extremist rantings... especially the dead horse variety.

Contrary to some rants NOK isn't dead. I'm not as optimistic as you but I'm confident I'll double my investment soon enough. The company is worth more than its current stock price indicates, and some analysts are waking up to that fact.

Meanwhile, many blue chips have struggled for the past few years. Interesting times for investors.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen