matt that might be something they told you perhaps because your a long term client or who knows why. VF's official stance is that 1gb is a hard cap and that fup does not apply any longer

if it was something that was only to your advantage they wouldn't need your consent

Last edited by orcocan; 2010-06-11 at 13:30.

Orange have now gone the same way:

http://www.reghardware.com/2010/06/1...ge_data_plans/

This does not look good for the future of mobile data. O2 are also implementing download limits on their home broadband for the same reasons, I worry other broadband providers will follow suit!

Also interesting this seems to coincide with the relase of the iPhone 4G...

Last edited by bristoldave; 2010-06-11 at 14:52.

and bear in mind you have to send them a letter AFTER they notify you and BEFORE they start charging you.....

bloody hell!!!

Originally Posted by orcocan View Post
matt that might be something they told you perhaps because your a long term client or who knows why. VF's official stance is that 1gb is a hard cap and that fup does not apply any longer

if it was something that was only to your advantage they wouldn't need your consent
I've looked into it some more and it seems that the guy who changed my plan didn't know what he was doing and they have put me on the iphone plan instead of applying the 1gb hard limit i must have been one of the first to call before they knew what was going on, or maybe i confused him by keeping on saying i wanted them to up my fup.

Either way thank god for stupid vodafone call center staff

im so pissed off. i just called Voda to see about upping my limit and they have said this is only for new customers not existing customers. even though it states this on their own website. WTF

latest update is that i can increase my data usage to gig but have to reduce my texts. this is a joke

Originally Posted by Neegs View Post
im so pissed off. i just called Voda to see about upping my limit and they have said this is only for new customers not existing customers. even though it states this on their own website. WTF
They tried telling me that the first time i called, you need to find the relevent post on the eforum and refer them to that, as longg as ur contract starts YP at the top of ur bill ur entitled to the free upgrade,
you never know u might be lucky and be put on the iphone plan too

iphone plan is 1gb hard cap as far as im aware?

HI,

Nothing new really !

Just look at your i.p provider for internet usage.

Im on bt option 3 which is classed as unlimited but has an actual limit of 100gb. Now they do not charge if I go over they just cap my speed for a month.

My point is they class it as unlimited but it si not.

So nothing new really apart from Vodafone charge.

Hi,

Thank you very much for making this public and helping us sort this out.

When we first signed up with VF we also had unlimited internet. Everything changed from the 1st of June though and we weren’t sure what changed, until we stumbled on similar posts like this. I looked at the VF forum and I found this official announcement from VF on this issue.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/forum-53...rnet-charging/

We called VF today and after about 30mins of intense negotiation we managed to double the now limited allowance to 1GB. The person we spoke to had no idea about this and we had to directly quote parts of the post mentioned above and insist that we want to keep the exact same plan as we have now, but with the 1GB allowance.

This is not great and I am disappointed that I no longer have the unlimited data plan, but it is at least better than the 500MB and we didn’t want to get into the process of canceling the contract etc.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to trelirodia For This Useful Post:

Tags
vodafone con