I want someone to try and flash Maemo onto it.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Take a chill pill. Was actually joking this time.
i will.

as for cool tricks. keyboard shortcuts are still around.

the fw isnt final, nor will it ever be. but its a solid device so far. the sdk gets updated frequently, and the connectivity tools are top notch. well thought out. save for the assumed commercial "deprecation" of the device. its going to serve to community well by being the zenith for the meego platform for now.

The Following User Says Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I want someone to try and flash Maemo onto it.
didn't someone already reply that s/he would try this?
thought i saw a post along that line

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
Don't worry, I am debugging my qml as we speak.

I was kinda expecting something like this from you after what you cried to developer program thread about stuff being handled really badly.
This is good news. Can you speak of your project?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This is good news. Can you speak of your project?
I'd rather not at this point, I'd want to be 110% sure that my ideas can be put into practice.

I can tell you that most of you probably don't even have use for the app. I just wondered in April that how can a sport with a lot of wealthy players around the world have less tools (aka pen and paper) to analyze the performance than someone who just goes jogging....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
i want an n950.

nokia why you do this to me .

i'm jelly all you developers.. i can't even given a option to buy it. later.

They want us to go away to another smarthphone company by teasing you as much as possible with the N950 not for sale.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Not jealous, annoyed. Your all treating this thing like it's a god-damned Jesus phone that will end cancer and ascend mankind to the gods.

It's not.

It is a dead, end of line abortion. An inkling of what the team behind the N900 were trying to create before they were buttfvcked and force to design the equally pointless N9.

Don't you get it? The N9 HAS NO FUTURE. The N950 HAS NO FUTURE. There will be no firmware updates and almost certainly no 'appz'. Everything that sucks about the N900 (see lack of support) this thing will embody. N9^N900 suck.

And now the creme de la crap, the steamer on the cake, the most talented of the maemo developers have been given a 'loan' of one so they can port programs that no one can use to a platform that apparently only 250 of exist.

It is not like this thing even runs meego with a tiny possibility of a future, it runs 'harmattan'. An absolute 1 way, council estate cul de sac of an OS. Further more it is not even the same hardware as this N9 so fvck knows what good it will be for 'porting appz'.

While I accepted the follow device would be the final nail in the coffin for the N900, I never guessed the final nail would have the functional equivalent of a dildo in an orphanage.

Thank you.
Everyone loves the things that they can't have. Period.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
will i have to find a computer with windows xp os inorder to hard reset to factory settings? i love my n900 but absolutely hate that about it. i cant reset my phone, wipe it clean or restore it back to factory seting using ovi suite or anything. SO MY BIG QUESTION IS, WILL N950 HAVE THE OPTION OR ABILITY TO FACTORY RESET WITHOUT HAVING TO GO THRU HELL?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
will i have to find a computer with windows xp os inorder to hard reset to factory settings? i love my n900 but absolutely hate that about it. i cant reset my phone, wipe it clean or restore it back to factory seting using ovi suite or anything. SO MY BIG QUESTION IS, WILL N950 HAVE THE OPTION OR ABILITY TO FACTORY RESET WITHOUT HAVING TO GO THRU HELL?
Things fade from my memory slowly but I remember that N9 has option "Factory Reset" when I browsed "Settings".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Hmm i perused this thread hoping too see some devs spill some beans on the device, but didn't get much.
Speak up devs speak!!
we're hungry!