Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA

EDIT 02/23/2011

For up-to-date information on this project, FAQ and more screenshots click here.

MyContacts is available on all 3 repositories (extras, extras-devel and extras-testing).

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2011-02-23 at 14:27.

The Following 122 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
7thd, aanckar, ajjara, alienhead, AlMehdi, alninek, amin007110, arjunkumar87, arvind, avinashtjoshi, bakuur, Bec, Blaizzen, BN900, BRooster, cards531, casper27, cevenn, cheve, cjp, codeMonkey, Crashdamage, Crugath, cutehunk04, D4rKlar, daperl, denix, Digicom, dinarch, eitama, El Amir, F2thaK, femzy112, gabby131, getnani, gold_dragon, gordonshowers, hathoda, helex, Hmoobwarrior, Hmtsjmftsch, imo, inkirby, inuyasha0209, ioan, JimKnopf, jn183, JohnLF, jorjino, juhlenbr, kmare, Laughing Man, leetut, logicalsid, LordVan, Maj3stic, makel, maluka, manvik60, marble, McRae, mece, mikec, mmlado, moepda, MohammadAG, musculus, nashith, Natan_xy, nathaneous, ndi, nick.read, Nikem, NokTokDaddy, noobmonkey, Omkar, ossipena, OVK, Patola, pelago, Perry3D, pillar, pippomu, prankster, PUNK, qxl, realsportcars, rmarcus, sachin007, sdixit, shanttu, shazosbourne, skalogre, slackve, smoothc, sony123, soredawg, SR90, Stealth131, stlpaul, Strawman, Strutten, thommy, Tinnet, TNiga, Unit247, v13, vdx29, Venemo, vkv.raju, wakkamis, x-lette, x61, ysss, zanzibar2, zetagi, zlatko, ZogG, zvogt
Very.. Very nice!

Edit: If anyone wants a free program to turn .mp3s into .wavs (and to edit them). Try Audacity.

Edit: What happens if I put people into groups into the widget, but then I close the widget. Is the grouping no longer in effect? I'll test it tomorrow (everyone is asleep).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-06-26 at 04:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
fantastic app. Great appearance and well oreganised.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
dude this awesome. I got rid of the contacts on the desktop and move them to the applet. Now i can have more contacts and group them.
Thank you.

Great Program and applet!! Will try it out immediatly!

OK just tried it out.

The applet looks really great. But there are still some bugs. It's quite unstable.
- adding a contact to a group will sometimes crash the application
- the applet should IMHO be a standalone app, Because at this moment when MyContacts crahses the applet is removed also.
- It would be great to be able to add contacts without a thumbnail to the contacts group. So give it a default icon with a name...
- It would also be great to allow adding a specific number of a contact to the speeddial in the applet (and if so allow for adding several contacts twice (but with different phone numbers)... I really miss the quite normal speeddial functions as used on eg symbian devices (E90)...
- Perhaps double clicking for call is not the best idea, perhaps long press is better?
- The contacts list is not sorted, and clicking on the keyboard just searches for the first character in a name, it should use a incremental search.

Keep up the good work, this could easily grow to be one of the most usefull programs on my N900!!

Last edited by mtjioe; 2010-08-05 at 05:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to mtjioe For This Useful Post:
Hi

I've just installed your app, but I don't get a desktop app, nor options to group

The version that I get in AppMan is 0.0.6-1

Cheers
Niz

The applet is only installable from within MyContacts
The group option is available from the applet config or from within MyContacs (took a while to figure it out). When you have tht popup dialog with the icons on the left, you will have zero contacts in each group (visible on the right). Just click the zero button and now you can add contacts to that group.

The Following User Says Thank You to mtjioe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
I have also installed App but dont have the applet option.The Mycontacts app works really well and sees all my contacts but there seems to be no way of exporting them to an applet/widget on the desktop.
Great App though.

Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
The applet is only installable from within MyContacts
The group option is available from the applet config or from within MyContacs (took a while to figure it out). When you have tht popup dialog with the icons on the left, you will have zero contacts in each group (visible on the right). Just click the zero button and now you can add contacts to that group.
Hi

I can't see where to install the applet though! MyContacts loads, and shows my the thumbnailed contacts. When I click 'MyContacts' in the title bar I see

Contacts|e-mails|Thumbnails
Reload|Orientation

That's it.

Do I have an old version?

Niz