Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
For anyone that is wondering the media player will not play WMV, at least it will not for me. I was wondering if I am the only one that has noticed that if you play anything through the built-in speaker I only get one of the channels, all the other versions for the 770 have mixed both channels.

Not sure how it happened this time, but I got into another infinite reboot loop. I hope they put out another release of this though, because it was *very* promising. Back to 2007 for now though.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2005 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by GreySim View Post
Not sure how it happened this time, but I got into another infinite reboot loop. I hope they put out another release of this though, because it was *very* promising. Back to 2007 for now though.
I also experienced this. Re-flashing now.
http://www.markandjo.com/markblog

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
Is there any trick with WLAN connection without DHCP?
On older OS'es when selecting new AP it asked for putting it on the list of known networks.
Since my network is without DHCP - when selecting it as a new network - I type password (WPA-PSK) - there's dhcp "no ip" info and wizard closes.
On the other hand - when I configure connection manually - I can't connect to my AP.
Failure occurs almost right after (2-3 blinks) I select my connection from the list.
Unencrypted network with DHCP works just fine.

I described this bug in a slightly different way a few posts back. Also reported it on the maemo mailing list, asking where to report bugs on OS2008HE, but didn't get an answer.

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Maemomapper and 2008He is incredible. My 770 has been in drawer collecting dusts because of its evil sibblings, N800 and N810. Out of curiosity, I installed mm on my 770 running 2008he, it worked on first trial! No tweaking, no problem with gps lock, no anything, it just ran like mm on the N8x0s, maybe even better. The bt gps I have caught on and locked instantly upon mm. Not like my ******ed N810, took something like 10-20 min gps locks. Again, I installed, ran, use, mm in less than 2 min. Thank you Gnuite, you are a genius! because of web browser, vol etc, I was not sure to stay with 2008He, just because mm, 2008He stays.

dl route, check maps, route planning, everything works, albeit slight slower than the N8x0. I am going to try POI now. Overall, extremely satisfy with mm on 2008He. Cant even find any problems, so far.........

770/2008He
mm 2.4.1-os2008

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-05-17 at 21:17.