it works fine i have flash working from a previous post. youtube videos don't work because the n800 has better math capabilities. to uktube is the solution for youtube.are you sure you have it enabled
under tools|plugins.

I don't know why but it seems to be working on mine no matter what i use orera or microb . I uploaded a video showing it working I used vnc server and windows media encoder to cap the video. check it out . It shows me picking opera and going to test sites . Eather way it is working on mine and works kind of good I even show in the video playing a flash game,myspace and youtube as you tube video gets messed up only 1 out of 10 youtube videos work for me. Sorry for the back screen at the end befor the myspace test . but my computer went into screen saver mode. As you can see flash 9 is working maybe it's true you do need microb install I don;t know ut i am not messing up my working flash 9 to find out. You will see in the ideo me switch to opera eng. eather way aleats flash 9 is working in 2006os for me. aleast till the 2007 HE is ready for prime time.

and you can see in the video when I look at plugin's that it is listed in opera cuit list the default plugin in there also . where is microb it only shows flash as the plugin.

here is the video links i had to split it into 2 files youtube did not like that it was 13 min long .I hope this helps
part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX_Fv_MzpKI
part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc6cNmiyG0Y
can someone with microb install test this out . it is not magic that it is working on mine and no one other than me has got it working.

sorry i even posted this info as it is just making me look like i am crazy anyways I hope aleast one of you guys get it working on your 770.

update Aleast 1 other has it working too .

computerfreek

Tapping on About, as shown below, will display the version of Flash.

Has anybody else followed this procedure with success?

To those that were unsuccessful, were you able to undo the changes and revert back to Flash6?

BTW, the latest instructions appear to have several redundant tar commands.

Ron G
Attached Images

I'll give it a go and let you all know.

Thats why i posted a videos of me hits about and showing the sub menu for the flash.

All i can say is that it is working on my system and if you like to get it working on your system do what i did . unless i missed something it works fine. i am sorry to all of you if it is not working. Also you can go back to flash 6 with your backup that i told you all to make befor you started.

There was one other user who working . but he did not wuse my way of installing .

But if you check out my videos you will see that it is runing fine maybe even a bit faster than on 2007HE.

Sorry if you can not get it going the way i did . Maybe someone can play with it somemore and see what i may have missed. I installed it about 2 weeks ago for the 1st time then posted it yesterday trying to remember what i did . then i did uninstall it useing rm to delete the file and then i started over it came right back under plugin's and still worked.

computerfreek

I get stuck at

" cd /user/lib " that is where i think i messed up on the last post " "

For some reason this directory does not exist.

See if it is at /home/user/lib

I am trying .

computerfreek

I think that:

cd /user/lib

should be:

cd /usr/lib

Ron G

Yeah your right i just checked it is cd /usr/lib just like in the TAR command

sorry for the Fu## up . i fell real bad that i did not get it the 1st time posting it. But when i installed it i was hacking at it like crazy the 1st time.

i hope someone gets it we can update this howto . If my device was not runing so good right now . I just wipe it and start over but thats a lot of work now that i have almost everything set the way i like it ,

Maybe someone can help me is there a way do do a compleat backup of the system like make an img . I can't seem to do it i seen to use ssh and dump ito mmc but that did not work for me.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ United Kingdom
Having viewed the first video you posted, I maintain that you're using the microb browser. When you switch in the video, the browser crashes and I don't believe it's switching over to Opera. When I had microb installed, and I switched to Opera, the browser didn't crash or restart. It just switched to Opera and reloaded the page.

It might help if you quote the page where you found these instructions so we can perhaps work this out.