Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I know that in Gizmo, I can dial a direct SIP server account by telling it to dial, say username@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (In particular, for Talkshoe podcast hosting. See http://getsatisfaction.com/talkshoe/...idget_talkshoe for reference.)

Works GREAT on my desktop.. seems like the N800 dials the SIP number in Gizmo but Gizmo doesn't let you dial DTMF once it's connected so that I can dial the PIN #.

The OS2008 dialer works like a charge to dial DTMF tones to direct phone numbers--so it would work for me--but I can't seem to get it to dial direct SIP accounts via name@IPaddress.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Anyone have any ideas?

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I know that in Gizmo, I can dial a direct SIP server account by telling it to dial, say username@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (In particular, for Talkshoe podcast hosting. See http://getsatisfaction.com/talkshoe/...idget_talkshoe for reference.)

Works GREAT on my desktop.. seems like the N800 dials the SIP number in Gizmo but Gizmo doesn't let you dial DTMF once it's connected so that I can dial the PIN #.

The OS2008 dialer works like a charge to dial DTMF tones to direct phone numbers--so it would work for me--but I can't seem to get it to dial direct SIP accounts via name@IPaddress.

Anyone know if this is possible?
hello
I also need to receive direct ip-to-ip video call on N810, without registering to any server.
do you have updates?

thank you,
Luca

Feel free to vote for bug 4929. There's currently no enhancement request for receiving account-less incoming calls, but feel free to file one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by obiwan kenobi View Post
hello
I also need to receive direct ip-to-ip video call on N810, without registering to any server.
do you have updates?

thank you,
Luca
do anyone know a third party software, for N810, to receive direct ip-to-ip video calls?

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Feel free to vote for bug 4929. There's currently no enhancement request for receiving account-less incoming calls, but feel free to file one.
You got my vote!

Originally Posted by obiwan kenobi View Post
do anyone know a third party software, for N810, to receive direct ip-to-ip video calls?
I believe Gizmo will do that.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I believe Gizmo will do that.
gizmo is no good, because require an internet account on gizmo to work.
I need a client that work without registration on internet, but only as a SIP client.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Why don't you put a new contact in your dialer app's friends list?

For every contact in your dialer app you can fill in his email, GTalk and SIP address. For testing, I have just included a new contact with just a SIP address in my app and made a test call. It worked great.

The address is formed like name@sipserver.com and I can call it with just one click on my N810.