Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
...and i want to be able to operate the player by keyboard only, this would be when using TV-OUT and using BT keyboard because N900 is over by the tv...
My solution was to get a length of network cable and create my own extended TV-OUT cable.

It's made using normal Cat-5 cable (one pair for each plug, leaving one free) and is 8-10m long, I used two different sizes of heat-shrink sleeving to create the single cables to each plug and runs around the edge of the room and pops through the back of the sofa and under the cushion, it works just as well as the one Nokia supplied.
Just behind the sofa is a power outlet and a charge is plugged in there and it also comes out under the cushion next to the TV-OUT cable, and this comes in useful when late night browsing in front of the TV.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
My solution was to get a length of network cable and create my own extended TV-OUT cable.

It's made using normal Cat-5 cable (one pair for each plug, leaving one free) and is 8-10m long, I used two different sizes of heat-shrink sleeving to create the single cables to each plug and runs around the edge of the room and pops through the back of the sofa and under the cushion, it works just as well as the one Nokia supplied.
Just behind the sofa is a power outlet and a charge is plugged in there and it also comes out under the cushion next to the TV-OUT cable, and this comes in useful when late night browsing in front of the TV.
Yes this would solve the remote problem, and Cat-x cables are REALLY good for all sorts of purposes, AUDIO, USB etc.

But the problem remains with the new 720p, i would call it 576p because that just goes with no lags, with higher res then 480p TV-OUT doesn't work, so for me i would like to hack that TV-OUT overlay so it just clones the view.

Only cool thing with that overlay, is that you can text and do other stuff on the N900 while the movie plays (with lags, here a dual core would be nice)

Else im all for the PI TV-OUT that Estel is purposing, that would also solve this because that way it never use the overlay since the N900 is not connected to a TV, but connected to the PI