Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Much appreciated Penuinbait. I'll give it a shot and look you up on AIM if I run into problems. Neil
No problem, again MAKE SURE YOUR INSTALL FILES ARE ALL THERE VERIFY SIZES ON FIRST POST[/QUOTE]

Sorry Penguinbait,

I have downloaded the files to my Nokia but I don't know how to use xTerm . I'll look for another method to confirm file size. If you happen to have a minute, how exactly do I use xterm to do this simple task? I see your first post instructions about this. I tried simply opening xTerm and writing the ' ls -l /media/mmc1' and then hitting enter. I get 'Do not find' as a response.

Also, There are four downloaded files and you list three in the install order. I guess it's just assumed that the fourth unlisted one is last but not least?

BTW- Apparently to IM you at AIM I have to sign up with AIM. AIM does some wacky things to my lap top. I'd love to do this in chat mode but I'd rather not join AIM. Sorry bout that.

Thanks
Neil

Edit- file manager says KDE 358.tar.bz2 is 252 KB in size .. I guess this is not an install file but a document file since you don't say to install it

file manager also says that:
Kde-3.5.8-mmc1 is 300 KB
Kdesup-3.5.8 is 20.3 MB
local-mmc1 is 248 KB is 248 KB

are these readings reliable enough to confirm the file sizes?

Neil

Last edited by sungrove; 2008-01-10 at 20:40. Reason: more details

This is amazing! Best thing I have ever downloaded and installed on my tablet and its staying.

I would like to know how to install Firefox!

KDE on Nokia Tablets needs its own section now... It's being over looked on this Apps section.

Last edited by migs; 2008-01-10 at 21:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to migs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Texas
I have just reinstalled KDE and restarted N800. The font issue still reminds. I think KDE is overwriting something via "links between files." The fonts are readable, but its annoying to see that some of the characters are broken like the letter "g". Hopefully the issue would be as simple as removing a file. Linux Rulez!!!

"Life is too short to waste on sleep" - Johnny Cunningham

http://www.skibur.com

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Can someone post an original to compare?

Originally Posted by atmasphere View Post
I need some help in uninstalling this so I can start fresh. I am currently unable to kill what's on the N800 and can't figure out how to get a clean start.

Initially I installed on my N800's MMC1 (6GB Sandisk MicroSD) but within documents/ install. Of course I read the full thread after I started and things failed on the second file. Now I am unable to uninstall or continue to install from the Applications Manager.

Things are moved to mmc1 root and I've deleted the .img files and tried a few times... feeling stuck!

Thanks!
Apparently having bzip2 installed was causing a conflict and Penguinbait helped sort out that issue with me. I'm in the process of installing now ... so far so good. If you've got bzip2 on your tablet you might want to kill it first as there's a conflict. It gets re-installed ...

I've got the font-bug as well. My font now looks exactly like in skibur's picture. Annoying little bug. Can I help tackling it? (I'm no programmer, but know my way around linux a bit.)

Originally Posted by borghal View Post
I've got the font-bug as well. My font now looks exactly like in skibur's picture. Annoying little bug. Can I help tackling it? (I'm no programmer, but know my way around linux a bit.)

I think I got a hold on it, I noticed I am apparently font blind. I think I have an idea how to fix it.

Hey if I didn't put it out a little broken, you guys wouldn't need me

FYI, I am not a programmer either, figure that one out?

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-01-10 at 23:24.

Will the new KDE 4.0 work on the Nokia tablets as well?
I just read it will be released tommorow

Originally Posted by migs View Post
Will the new KDE 4.0 work on the Nokia tablets as well?
I just read it will be released tommorow

KDE4 is out of beta tomorrow? cool

I heard there was some KDE developers were working on KDE4 for IT, I am not currently. I am very very happy with KDE 3.5

I would not expect any KDE 4 anytime soon, but I am often wrong, many times proved so by myself. I said I would not redo KDE and I did, I said I would not make KDE into a deb install, and I did. So if your learning from me at all, apparently expect what I say I won't do?

as of right now KDE4 is not in the works from me, I just want to see how 3.5 runs on an 810

Hello all,

I've been trying since yesterday to get this to work but no luck. I have a n800 with an 8gb external card. After installing local-mmc1.deb successfully in 10 minutes, I cant get past step 2 - kde-3.5.8-mmc1.deb. which is suppose to take 20-30 minutes. When I click to install an update pop-up says "Update application?" Update? Anyway, I click ok and it is unable to update. I look at my installed applications and it shows kde-mmc1 with an exclamtion point icon with 3 black squares next to it. I try to uninstall this so I can go back to step 2 and the pop-up says unable. Details says - Application: kde-mmc1 status:broken category: user/support installed version 3.5.8-PB2 size 1.05mb. Below it on the application list is another entry - kdesup. I click details on it and it says Application: kdesup status:broken category: user/support installed version 3.5.8-PB1 size 31.5mb. I am unable to uninstall these or go on to the next step. How can I rectify this situation? I'm stumped.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by naidu9; 2008-01-11 at 00:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to naidu9 For This Useful Post:

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, koffice