Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I tried furiously tapping the shuffle button, but I could not reproduce that. The main window should be locked immediately after the first tap, until you return from the now playing window, so I have no idea where this crash could be coming from. If you know how to obtain a backtrace, there is openmediaplayer-dbg package in the repositories.
Media changed
Renderer metadata received
Last item MIME: "audio/mpeg"
Handing out new NPW instance
Cleaning up after job 1
Adding job 2 "localtagfs::music/songs"
Porcessing job 2
Playlist contents changed: @ 0 - 0 + 384

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
NowPlayingWindow::updatePlaylist (this=0x4824a0, from=0, nremove=0, nreplace=384) at ../../player/nowplayingwindow.cpp:1315
1315 ../../player/nowplayingwindow.cpp: No such file or directory.
in ../../player/nowplayingwindow.cpp
(gdb) bt
#0 NowPlayingWindow::updatePlaylist (this=0x4824a0, from=0, nremove=0, nreplace=384) at ../../player/nowplayingwindow.cpp:1315
#1 0x000e95a0 in NowPlayingWindow::qt_metacall (this=0x4824a0, _c=QMetaObject::InvokeMetaMethod, _id=35, _a=0xbe900d70) at moc_nowplayingwindow.cpp:227
#2 0x41c452d8 in QMetaObject::metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#3 0x41c56a90 in QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, QMetaObject const*, int, void**) () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#4 0x000f449c in MafwPlaylistAdapter::contentsChanged (this=0x0, _t1=0, _t2=0, _t3=384) at moc_mafwplaylistadapter.cpp:133
#5 0x000e6034 in MafwPlaylistAdapter:nContentsChanged (from=0, nremove=0, nreplace=0, user_data=0x369368) at ../../player/mafw/mafwplaylistadapter.cpp:331
#6 0x42f6d788 in mafw_marshal_VOID__UINT_UINT_UINT () from /usr/lib/libmafw.so.0
#7 0x406f5a14 in g_closure_invoke () from /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#8 0x4070bd5c in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#9 0x4070bd5c in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to L29Ah For This Useful Post:
Guys... First of all, thanks for such a great player! Love it.
Is it possible to add equalizer to OMP? I wonder why it doesn't have such basic feature... Or is it possible to activate system-wide equalizer in Maemo? Recently, I have found that N900 have no any work solution for this except Symphony audioplayer...

The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I don't know if this is just me but OMP isn't remembering the last played track if you reboot.
The default behaviour of MP is that it remembers the last playlist and track. For me on OMP I end up at the beginning of the playlist.

Anyway I can debug if it's just me?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
sixwheeledbeast: IIRC, I have the same behavior.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
I think this is design of MAFW (backend for OMP)...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by L29Ah View Post
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
NowPlayingWindow::updatePlaylist (this=0x4824a0, from=0, nremove=0, nreplace=384) at ../../player/nowplayingwindow.cpp:1315
I do not see a connection to tapping the shuffle button multiple times and I still cannot reproduce that, but indeed it is possible that under certain circumstances OMP segfaults there. I have left it unfixed for now, because IIRC OMP has problems of similar nature in other parts of code and I have been planning to look into all of them simultaneously.

Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
Recently, I have found that N900 have no any work solution for this except Symphony audioplayer...
There is something called mafw-gst-eq-renderer, although I do not know how well it works.

Originally Posted by pali View Post
I think this is design of MAFW (backend for OMP)...
Yes, MAFW does not save the current track. The stock player accomplishes this independently, by saving the track number in GConf and restoring it later. This is not very robust, as various things can happen when the player is not running, like the playlist being modified or switched by another application. This is why I would prefer to have this feature in MAFW, but until someone steps in and implements it there, I am adding this to my todo list for OMP.

Meanwhile I am releasing OMP 20150812-1.
  • Fixed an occasional crash when opening a file from an external application.
  • Fixed some memory leaks.
  • Various code cleanups.
  • New translation: Spanish (Argentina) by hobarrera and jmo707.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
@gidzzz
talking again about dlna.. since it seems that OMP is the only maemo application really working with dlna servers.
Do you think you could add a way to assign a custom action to open unsupported file types (images, pdf, books...)?
Have you had the time to give a look at the stop/resume playback of dlna videos?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Anybody else stuffing issues with the latest version regarding playback?

It seems if I pull the headset out OMP pauses as it should and if I insert the headset straight away, playback resumes as it should.

However, if I remove the headset and wait a while before inserting, playback will not resume correctly, it also seems to get stuck on that track. Play and skip backwards no longer function correctly. I then have to skip forward and then backward before I can play the track again.
This happened again, hopefully this helps.
Code:
Renderer metadata changed "duration" QVariant(qlonglong, 257) 
Source metadata changed 
Source metadata received 
MainWindow::onSourceUpdating( progress = 0 , processed_items = 0 , remaining_items = 0 , remaining_time = -1 ) 
MainWindow::onSourceUpdating( progress = 100 , processed_items = 0 , remaining_items = 0 , remaining_time = 0 ) 
Renderer metadata changed "duration" QVariant(qlonglong, 256) 
Renderer metadata changed "duration" QVariant(qlonglong, 522) 
Source metadata changed 
Source metadata changed 
Source metadata received 
Source metadata received 
### I removed and reinserted headphones about here###
MainWindow::onSourceUpdating( progress = 0 , processed_items = 0 , remaining_items = 0 , remaining_time = -1 ) 
MainWindow::onSourceUpdating( progress = 100 , processed_items = 0 , remaining_items = 0 , remaining_time = 0 ) 
"Seeking to 0 failed" 
"Seeking to 0 failed" 
"Seeking to 129 failed" 
###Trying to get track to play###
"Seeking to 20 failed" 
"Seeking to 224 failed" 
"Seeking to 371 failed" 
"Seeking to 445 failed" 
"Seeking to 522 failed" 
"Seeking to 0 failed" 
###Started the track again###
Media changed localtagfs::music/songs/%2Fmedia%2Fmmc1%2FMusic%2FAnthrax%2FPersistence%20of%20Time%2F11%20-%20Discharge.mp3 
Renderer metadata changed "is-seekable" QVariant(bool, true) 
Renderer metadata changed "is-seekable" QVariant(bool, true) 
Renderer metadata changed "track" QVariant(int, 11) 
Renderer metadata changed "title" QVariant(QString, "Discharge") 
Renderer metadata changed "artist" QVariant(QString, "Anthrax") 
Renderer metadata changed "album" QVariant(QString, "Persistence of Time") 
Renderer metadata changed "genre" QVariant(QString, "Thrash")

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Melbourne, Australia
Hi guys. I've recently lost my original beloved Nokia N900 and had to quickly buy another. One of my favourite all time apps was of course OMP.
Now that I have installed it and started using it, I've noticed the lyric feature is not working. Yes, I did go to settings and set yes to lyrics, and have ticked all of the lyric databases.
i get the fetching lyrics message, but it comes back with 'Visit www.azlyrics.com for these lyrics'.
The song is a Pink Floyd song, The Final Cut and I've had the lyrics for the entire album before in my original N900. Damn I miss that phone!
Any ideas guys?
Thank you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elcaito For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
talking again about dlna.. since it seems that OMP is the only maemo application really working with dlna servers.
Do you think you could add a way to assign a custom action to open unsupported file types (images, pdf, books...)?
I'd rather avoid it, because I don't want to bloat OMP with a download manager for a marginal feature. However, I think I could add an option to open items from OMP's UPnP browser in a web browser, which would take care of managing downloads and temporary files.

Originally Posted by xes View Post
Have you had the time to give a look at the stop/resume playback of dlna videos?
Is it the same thing as the seeking problem? If so, I have already mentioned in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1671 that this is not a problem with OMP. As a side note, seeking works for some video formats.

Originally Posted by elcaito View Post
i get the fetching lyrics message, but it comes back with 'Visit www.azlyrics.com for these lyrics'.
Apparently there was a change on AZLyrics, which causes OMP to extract a wrong part of the page. A workaround for this is to disable the AZLyrics plugin, but this is no longer necessary with today's update, OMP 20150829-1:
  • Fixed a regression that caused extra empty playlist items to appear in Now Playing.
  • Updated the AZLyrics plugin to work again.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse