Active Topics

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
shoot picture.
swipe right.
touch picture.
select delete in pully menu.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Regarding the lack of a delete button, is he wrong, or misinformed or what? I don't have an SFOS device due to lack of availability and even worse network support in US. Is there a delete gesture or something?
Hes right about that, the camera does not give you a shoet preview and you have to switch to the gallery to do that ....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Regarding the lack of a delete button, is he wrong, or misinformed or what? I don't have an SFOS device due to lack of availability and even worse network support in US. Is there a delete gesture or something?
as there is no auto preview of the last shot, you have to swipe left to right within the camera to enter the preview gallery.
From there you can delete the photo by tapping on it and use the pulley with delete option.

Yes, a optional auto preview for some seconds and easier to access delete option would be usefull to some people.

But a reviewer has to find that by himslf and possibly rant about. Not present closing the app as only option imho.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
For better or worse, it's pretty much the same as on other mobile operating systems:
  • You take a photo.
  • You do a 'right' swipe to bring the last photo from the left.
  • You are in the very same view as when you open the photo from the gallery.

Sure, it requires a gesture (pulling the photo from the left), but there is a quick visual hint after every shot (the photo slides to the left) and the gesture is the same as on Android this "reviewer" celebrates, so I suppose he is not the brightest

EDIT:
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Hes right about that, the camera does not give you a shoet preview and you have to switch to the gallery to do that ....
I don't think he is. First, there's a visual hint, second it is just like on Android. Either way, I prefer this to a preview, because it allows me to take more pictures faster.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
As i said above in agreement with gaelic:
The real issue is missing "auto preview".
It can be optional as proofed by ya'll not missing it at all.

But some people expect:

Shoot photo
see preview of last shot instantly and for x seconds !everytime!
hit delete bucket symbol during that period to remove/discard.

Wrapping up a tjc question in this moment.

Edit,
Ah yes, told you so.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-08-19 at 18:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by PamNor View Post
shoot picture.
swipe right.
touch picture.
select delete in pully menu.
No way.

Open cam app
Think you Will a photo
Bam...Reboot
Opportunity gone.

Sad but true.

What version of sailfish in Turing?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What version of sailfish in Turing?
2.0.3.11 was supposedly tailored for Turing but also runs on all other devices. 2.0.4.x is rumored to be next general release.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I never see those "reviews" unless I know that the reviewer know MeeGo, Maemo or Linux , such as Amanda Lam for instance.

Otherwise it will be only 2 outcomes:

- The device shares certain similarities of UI with iOS: Praise for the similarities and criticise for what is missing while iPhone has. Summerize the similarities as pros and what missing as cons.

- The device is completely different from what he knows (mainly they only know iphone): They don't have a clue at what it is and make simple but stupid conclusions. Mainly missing iOS and showing stupidity and lack of capabilities require a minimum intelligence.

The above review looks like the second category to me.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
2.0.3.11 was supposedly tailored for Turing but also runs on all other devices. 2.0.4.x is rumored to be next general release.
That's good.

Is it likly that Turing Will always get updates later than jPhones Due to Turing additions or Will it be 0 modications to OS?

Partner space used or what? If you don't know what I mean...plz read: http://reviewjolla.blogspot.se/2015/...jolla.html?m=1

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-08-19 at 18:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That's good.

Is it likly that Turing Will always get updates later than jPhones Due to Turing additions or Will it be 0 modications to OS?

Partner space used or what?
No partnerspace on TRIP as of now, one base to rule them all.
It has often been said that updates will come in sync to all devices, i could be wrong thou.
Only the early access seems to be restricted to original Jolla Guine-- erhm customers.

Partnerspace is only some kind of wrapper around an existing app.
Like toons tv on Jolla Stella and Ganaa on Aquafish.
I guess coderus wil find out soon how to wrap up more (or every?) apps for partnerspace

Last edited by mosen; 2016-08-19 at 18:49.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone