Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
@nox: did hstende's fix also work for you (in Spanish, right?)
I just tried it, and now my desktop appears, and I can launch programs, but the Menu doesn't work, the icon is there, but when I click it nothing comes out... well, It seems like it tries to open the menu, but there is nothing inside... I don't know if I have explained it well...

I will try to find the problem later

Last edited by qole; 2010-03-27 at 17:10. Reason: Fixed broken (unclosed) quote ;)

I have 2 questions:
1) Why I still can't vote for easy-deb-chroot?
2) Why every time deb-chroot is started and mounted many folders in MyDocs (e.g. "Documents", "Camera", etc) disappear? Are they somewhere else to be found?

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
@qole I have another suggestion to put in /var/run/onfirstchroot.rc:
sed '1,/mmcblk0p1/d' /proc/mounts >/etc/mtab

Then df would work.ox

@nox I have had that problem before. When I had it I just closed lxde and started again, and the menu worked

The Following User Says Thank You to hstende For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hstende View Post
@nox I have had that problem before. When I had it I just closed lxde and started again, and the menu worked
Yes! Now all works fine :-D

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by NoX View Post
I just tried it, and now my desktop appears, and I can launch programs, but the Menu doesn't work, the icon is there, but when I click it nothing comes out... well, It seems like it tries to open the menu, but there is nothing inside...
With my German localization, I have a menu in LXDE which looks good, but does not show everything that is installed - in Debian update-menus should take care of that. Strangely enough, at some point the menu began showing less than previously, and I'm not sure when that was, since I'm not using LXDE so much, but rather debbie. Gimp no longer shows up as an entry in menus, and also my additional installations such as xmaxima. @qole, could it be that the upgrade of easy-deb-chroot overwrote something in the /home/user/.config directory that controls the LXDE menus? I don't have much experience with LXDE, and it's really awkward hunting for all that hidden files and directories controlling it... I couldn't find any documentation of LXDE of help so far, though I didn't try too hard yet.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
rebhana: I have noticed that Gimp has disappeared from my menu as well, and update-menus doesn't bring it back. I don't know why it is gone...

taxaza: I don't understand your question #1 (where are you trying to vote?) and I don't know why your folders disappear. They don't disappear for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I mean voting here and here.

About No2 sorry I didn't make myself clear. This is my N900 (MyDocs) folder:

And this is what I see when I am trying to find through OpenOffice the "Documents" (normally located inside MyDocs) folder:

As you can see I can't find the "Documents" folder and open the documents I saved there. The only way I can bypass this is by saving documents into "cities" folder which is visible in both cases.

taxaza, just press ctrl+h in order to see the hidden folders.

The Following User Says Thank You to bimbim For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
taxaza:
Thanks for offering to vote for the packages, but they are now in Extras and so you don't need to vote for them anymore.

If you want to give Easy Debian a high score for the N900 applications (and keep it in the "popular" category), you can go to the download page and rate it five stars. That's the only voting you can do at the moment...

bimbim is right about how to access those folders. Some of those folders are actually "hidden" folders, with names like ".documents" and ".images", but the Maemo file manager changes them to "Documents" and "Images". The "Camera" folder is actually called "DCIM" and is always visible in both file managers.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post

andyph666: No, I haven't figured out a safe way to get sound working in Fremantle Easy Debian
@Qole:

I just installed Amarok to try playing my mp3s. It actually plays the TEST audio file that comes with Amarok after you try to play it a couple of times, but it says that there aren't the proper engines to play mp3s. So sound DOES work, with that test file, whatever its format. So, what about mp3s?

Another thing: can you actually dual boot into Debian from the card instead of opening Maemo first?

And Qole, really, thank you for your awesome work! You gave The N900 an extra OS and thousands of apps with your work!

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze