Originally Posted by mooler View Post
Awesome! Works Great. How do you do this? Can this be done with other themes
it is easy. i have just changed 2 or 3 lines in file gtkrc (parameters related with scroll bar size). and also some .png image files as attched in zip package have resized using adobe photoshop.

it seems that it will also work if you copy those files in the zip package to other theme directory to replace original items.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Can this made into a deb or something which is easy for the linux noob?

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Can this made into a deb or something which is easy for the linux noob?
this is the .deb package of echo theme with wide scroll bar. (my 1st deb package)

echo theme with wide scroll bar

how to use:

install echowb.deb with application manager. and then change theme to echowb.
Attached Files
File Type: deb echowb.deb (441.2 KB, 625 views)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ah.sima For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Thanks so much. WOrks great. So trivial but makes a big difference.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Excelent, ah.sima. Thank you very much.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
ah.sima, that's what I call service! Thanks very much. (In fact it's better than service. It's *complete* service: First you bring up the problem. Then you solve it. Then you make it amateur-friendly.)

(My own preference would be to have the little-used horizontal scroll bar the old size; but I'm very pleased with this as it is. I was thinking I would have to grown a thumbnail )

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
ah.sima, that's what I call service! Thanks very much. (In fact it's better than service. It's *complete* service: First you bring up the problem. Then you solve it. Then you make it amateur-friendly.)

(My own preference would be to have the little-used horizontal scroll bar the old size; but I'm very pleased with this as it is. I was thinking I would have to grown a thumbnail )
it seems the heigth of horizontal scroll bar is using the same size of vertical scroll bar width. this is a problem.

( it is usually, many pages have correct page width will make the horizontal bar disapear when in full screen mode. this may make you happier )

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
can you tell me how to change it using other themes? im using a slightly modifed version of konttori's nuvopearl theme. if i send you the .deb for it could you make the changes to it for me?

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
can you tell me how to change it using other themes? im using a slightly modifed version of konttori's nuvopearl theme. if i send you the .deb for it could you make the changes to it for me?
following post has a zip file which contain all files related to this change, it may have many items in common for different themes ( i can not confirm. i am just a newbie for linux)

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ght=scroll+bar

remark:

1. file /usr/share/themes/echo/gtk-2.0/gtkrc have been revised to change setting of scroll bar size (2 or 3 lines, just related to scroll bar size). you may found changes compare to the original file with a file compare or diff program.
2. some image files related to picture of scroll bar at /usr/share/themes/echo/images directory has been resized.
3. you can change above files in your theme directory accordingly after you have installed you prefered theme .deb package to get a wide scroll bar theme.
4. if you want to make .deb package for the theme you have just revised, you can copy the theme directory to a linux machine with scratchbox developing environment installed, and run dpkg to generate your deb package in scratchbox. you may alse need to create a simple control file to control building process of your .deb package.

Last edited by ah.sima; 2008-03-20 at 17:03.

wow. that .deb is grreat. thanks for that!