I see what you mean... that could work if it was one of the first packages installed before any others tried pulling the original..

in that case it could be a completely empty package..

Subject change...MPD; the default music folders are in /var/lib/mpd... I personally use /home/user/music and /home/user/music/playlists...

for my MPD mod that uses the right config file - should I leave the defaults.. or change to /home/user? (which I believe is used in Beta3)
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
re: midori -- Thanks for trying, fatalsaint. GMail still doesn't work, so it looks like the newest version is no better than the Debian version. Sigh. Sorry for wasting your time...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The plot thickens... GMail doesn't work in my other Debian browsers, either. Hmm!

Did it work before?? I was able to login to Gmail and read my mail.. it was pretty sloppy when I tried deleting email it never refreshed the page.

A modified mpd has been added.. this installs with no errors and does what it's supposed to do.

Also added all of skeeps' libhildon stuff he's been working with to make a seamless environment with LXDE.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
Originally Posted by qole View Post
The plot thickens... GMail doesn't work in my other Debian browsers, either. Hmm!
I'm not sure if this is the issue you're experiencing, but apparently webkit stuff doesn't cooperate terribly well with https. I found this on the midori page of the xfce wiki:
Originally Posted by wiki
HTTPS URLS won't load

That's a problem with WebKit. You can work around it to some extend if you start Midori like so:

WEBKIT_IGNORE_SSL_ERRORS="1" midori

Note that sites which require the user to enter login information still won't work because WebKit doesn't provide the interface for that yet. To open a password protected http(s) page, you can use :

https://<user>:<password>@<website>

The culprit was icedtea-gcjwebplugin (and/or the openjdk-6-jre) that I was trying out as a replacement for gcjwebplugin. Once I removed that, Iceweasel could open GMail again.

I installed gcjwebplugin (and the default jamvm) instead, and tested GMail. Iceweasel worked, but now Midori didn't even load GMail (or youtube, or whatever). So I removed gcjwebplugin, and Midori can display everything well... and fast.

The next trick is figuring out how to disable the java plugin for Midori but nothing else.

Updated the MPD package.. again.. it now puts the files in /home/user/music and /home/user/music/playlists ... it also makes all files in these directories owned by the tablet user with group audio. This is the direction deblet would like to go I was told. I did not increment the version number so if you had it already either don't bother (the only real change is 2 lines in the mpd.conf) or remove and reinstall it.

I've been away working and it seems the Debian posts have grown quite a bit, congrats.
I was trying to add some stuff to Easy Debian but I got the following error. Can someone please help me fix this. TIA.

' process 3346: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue. '

I checked the app manager and tried to reload bdus but it says its broken.
P.S. I've been doing full photo editing with GIMP in Easy Debain and it is amazing the amount of editing I can do. Really large files take time but they can be edited. The largest .jpg I have edited was a 85mb 3000 x 3000 dpi photo. I don't even bother with photoshop on my main computer anymore. Amazing. Another terrific app is the QTStalker app that fatalsaint ported. keep up the great work guys.

Last edited by dan; 2008-09-14 at 15:10.

The next Easy Debian /sbin/debian script is going to have an extra line to make D-Bus work better:

Code:

mount -o bind /var/run/dbus "$CHROOT/var/run/dbus"
...add that and see if it helps.

Tags
debian, deblet