Notices

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I had missing dependencies for libgtkhtml2-0 and python-gtkhtml2. These can be fixed by running in X Terminal (as root):
Code:
apt-get install libgtkhtml2-0 python-gtkhtml2
Thanks Rob1n, that's what I wanted to know. These are set as dependencies, but I guess I'm doing something wrong with the package as they should be installed automatically along.

Originally Posted by mason
One feature i would suggest is open up hyperlinks in RSS articles with microb, to get a full featured article
You can already, but it's quite tricky to click on the link properly. It's not very finger friendly.

do you think you can make for it also a widget, that will be awsome.
I'd like to, but it might be a while before I can get to it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
Thanks Rob1n, that's what I wanted to know. These are set as dependencies, but I guess I'm doing something wrong with the package as they should be installed automatically along.
That was actually my fault - I was installing from the .deb file rather than the repo. I've just uninstalled all of them and reinstalled via the repo - everything was pulled in automatically this time.

Uploaded a new version into extras-devel:
* Added dbus service to add new feed (#4992)
* Fixed #4979, delete feed issue
* Fixed "Add Feed" dialog
* Added progress bar and multi-threading for downloading feeds
* Automatic loading of images in HTML feeds
* Use dbus to open up external browser

Note that there is a slight change in the backend of the read/unread tracking, so you need to update all the Feeds if you're upgrading from a previous version.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
i really can't find it in extras-devel. any ideas?

Originally Posted by alexbitzu View Post
i really can't find it in extras-devel. any ideas?
Strange, it's definitely there. Make sure you refresh the list in the application manager after enabling extras-devel. FeedingIt is in the Internet & Networking category.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Very nice, coming along beautifully. Can we just get a in article nav button of some sort, I hate how we have to go back to reading list and select new article after done with one.

Originally Posted by Romeo0119 View Post
Very nice, coming along beautifully. Can we just get a in article nav button of some sort, I hate how we have to go back to reading list and select new article after done with one.
I'll see what can be done. I've wanted a way to do so too, but without taking too much screen real-estate. I wonder if it'd be possible to use the zoom button, or some kind of gesture.

Verson 0.2.0-3 in extras-devel now:
* Added support for left/right gestures in articles
* Added support for sorting the feed list

There is now a new menu on the main page to open a dialog to be able to sort the feeds the way you want it. And one the articles, you can do a swipe of the finger to the left or right to go to the next/previous article.
This version will probably go into extras-testing once I've done some more testing on it.

I installed the latest version in extras-devel and I can't seem to get gestures working. Nothing seems to happen.

I can't include feed names, the feeds only seem to work if you use the same URL for both. It repeats Enter Feed Name twice. Shouldn't it be URL for one and custom name for the other?

Edit: Hmm.. it's 0.1.3-1 that's not the latest.
Edit2: Upgrading to latest now (odd how it didn't grab it originally when I installed it a few minutes ago).

Edit 3:

Ok figured everything out. Gestures do work. And I was putting URL first, name second when it should be the other way around.

May I suggest rename the second one to URL?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-01-10 at 19:07.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
May I suggest rename the second one to URL?
Sorry about that. Version 0.2.0-4 is getting built into extras-devel right now to fix that.