Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
It is a glorious day!!!!!!

My wonderful N810 touchscreen stopped working. I took it apart and cleaned out the screen and checked all connectors to no avail.

I took a chance and ordered a Main Internal Flex Cable Assembly from CellularDr and revived my N810 today. The part number is 0269975 and that is the Nokia N810 Main Internal Flex Cable Assembly with Connectors.

The replacement is not for the faint of heart, there are some tight areas to get into. You need a Torx T4 screwdriver and a small flat prying device. I followed the instructions in a file called Nokia N810 Tablet Wimax Disassembly.pdf

Woo hoo!!!! Hope this helps any other N810 owners.

Frank

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Switzerland
Hi Frank. My N810's touchscreen functionality has just died and I'm - rather nervously - thinking of trying the same surgery as you did back in January.

Looking at the disassembly instructions, they say of several sets of screws "Discard these screws. Do not use them again."

Should this warning be taken seriously? If so, can you suggest a source of replacement screws? Or are these standard items?

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by ralphb View Post
Looking at the disassembly instructions, they say of several sets of screws "Discard these screws. Do not use them again."

Should this warning be taken seriously? If so, can you suggest a source of replacement screws? Or are these standard items?
I'm sorry I'm a bit late on the reply, I didn't see the post.

I did not discard the screws nor do I think it's required.

Frank

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the Lower Rainland
The disassembly instructions are for a technician doing repairs in a shop. They would have the replacement screws and the torque wrench to put the exact tightening on the screws. For you, reuse the screws.

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Ugh, looks like the main connector is cracked and has some bent pins on mine... Does anyone know where to get one of these replacement parts (ie. the main internal flex cable)? Every place I find says they're out of stock...

Last edited by MindMusic; 2010-11-30 at 18:16.

Originally Posted by MindMusic View Post
Does anyone know where to get one of these replacement parts (ie. the main internal flex cable)?
http://www.sparepart.dk/product.asp?product=12844 ?

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
It is a glorious day!!!!!!

My wonderful N810 touchscreen stopped working. I took it apart and cleaned out the screen and checked all connectors to no avail.

I took a chance and ordered a Main Internal Flex Cable Assembly from CellularDr and revived my N810 today. The part number is 0269975 and that is the Nokia N810 Main Internal Flex Cable Assembly with Connectors.

The replacement is not for the faint of heart, there are some tight areas to get into. You need a Torx T4 screwdriver and a small flat prying device. I followed the instructions in a file called Nokia N810 Tablet Wimax Disassembly.pdf

Woo hoo!!!! Hope this helps any other N810 owners.

Frank
Hi Frank,

I have similar or same problem as you did. My touchscreen works is work properly sometimes (5% of time), has vertical and horizontal displacement (70% of time) and does not work at all (25% of time).

Calibration did not solve the issue.

The device switches between states randomly on keyboard slide in/out.

I've examined the flex (disconnected and connected both connectors board-flex and flex- touchscreen), cleaned the touchscreen (once it was removed from the flex).

I've noticed there is another thin flex on the sliding mechanism, which is in bad condition (the layers on this flex are separated). It seems its only purpose is to make galvanic connection (looks like RF interference precaution) between sliding part and the metal support, but I am not 100% sure.

Do you know the purpose of this thin flex?

Did you have mixed behavior as described above?

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-05-26 at 08:00.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Actually the only place I could get a spare main cable was on eBay on the inside of someone else's bricked N810. Scary tablet microsurgery ensued, but now my tablet is working again...

Actually the only place I could get a spare main cable was on eBay on the inside of someone else's bricked N810. Scary tablet microsurgery ensued, but now my tablet is working again...
Hi, I was wondering if you had same symptoms as describe avove?

Do you know the purpose of this thin flex connecting moving part to the base of sliding mechanism?

Looks like sparepart.dk's website restructure broke my previous link, but it looks like they still have the main cable in stock.

Note: I have successfully bought parts from these people, but have no other affiliation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralphb For This Useful Post: