Notices

Poll: What game would you like to buy
Poll Options
What game would you like to buy

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Hello.

As an artist/designer I'm interested in game development. Also, as a human being, I'm interested in eating food and drinking water, that usually needs some cash to be bought with. Also, new devices like n900 usually have significant prices and I want to be able to afford it someday.

So I wanted to ask the community, if you're interested in buying good games and what exactly do you want to see.

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 410 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Fife, Scotland.
Originally Posted by wazd View Post
Hello.

As an artist/designer I'm interested in game development. Also, as a human being, I'm interested in eating food and drinking water, that usually needs some cash to be bought with. Also, new devices like n900 usually have significant prices and I want to be able to afford it someday.

So I wanted to ask the community, if you're interested in buying good games and what exactly do you want to see.

Thank you.
Things you probably can't do - though I might pay small sums - $5-10 for.

More levels for bounce.

On to more likely things.
Nice keyboard/screen driven nethack port, with a text display, not vultures eye. Again - not much cash, and probably a minority interest

Personally, I'm not really that into most games, and tend to find other stuff to do - as I can use my time more productively.
That, and I'm trying to avoid certain classes of games - as I got _very_ addicted to MUDs at one point.

I can also more easily justify purcasing stuff that will save me time or money, as my disposable income is tiny, and the n900 has blown my budget for this year pretty much.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=37 - for example - outline of some features of a diet tracker program.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
IMO a game for mobile devices that worth more than $5 has to be very good in terms of graphics, gameplay and extension, those kind of games require big teams of developers and artists, seems easy to do a good game, but is not .
On the other hand simple casual games are easy to do and seems that the users like to buy them if they are cheap (~$1).

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Just for reference: http://www.gamepro.com/article/featu...-iphone-games/ (note the prices)

If i'm paying $10-$20 it better be the best damn game i've played in my life.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Maybe it will be better to disconnect the prices from the game types in your poll. Better ask how much a person would rather pay for those games. Personally I won't pay more than 5 EUR for any mobile game, whatever the gameplay.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
I just hope we don't get flooded with microtransaction crap games/apps...

I'd peronally be more likely to donate to a dev than buy a game.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Maybe it will be better to disconnect the prices from the game types in your poll. Better ask how much a person would rather pay for those games. Personally I won't pay more than 5 EUR for any mobile game, whatever the gameplay.
It won't be better, cause these are the prices that will motivate developer team well. Complex console-grade games - expensive. Logical games - cheap.

iPhone market has very small influence on overalll market, cause it's flooded self-centered apocalypse, it will soon collapse cause big gamedevs won't do Morrowind for the iPhone to sell it for a buck but soon they will be forced to do it.

Donationware doesn't work yet. Omweatther teeam got $127 thru donations. That's less that 0.1 cent per download.

Last edited by wazd; 2009-12-20 at 17:07.

Tags
bohemian, cash, games, rhapsody