Hello everyone,

I installed Maemo SDK on Ubuntu, to test Nokia 770 before buying it. I would like to know if the measured performances are a function of the machine host, or if they reflect the performances of the 770 well.

Indeed, Vncviewer is very fast in Wifi G. I would like to know if the 770 really behaves like that.

Thank you for your assistance.

PS: Afflicted if English is not perfect, it is fault with Systran ! I’m French.

I havent tried to run anything complicated with the Maemo SDK, but without any programs the SDK runs way slower than the device does by itself, or atleast it feels like that.

edit: measured in the speed of opening the menu(s) etc.

Originally Posted by fafa63fr
Indeed, Vncviewer is very fast in Wifi G. I would like to know if the 770 really behaves like that.
I gather that you took the vncviewer .deb package that I published, installed it for the scratchbox PC_ARM scratchbox configuration, and ran it there. As a general rule, I've found vncviewer to be much quicker when run in the emulated environment than on the device itself. I plan to improve this in future releases of the software. However, as evidenced by the feedback from people in this forum, even the relatively slow speed of vncviewer on the device itself is adequate.

Aaron

Thank you for your answers.

I am working on the remote control of a station in a classroom of teaching of foreign languages.The students are brought to view Vcd videos. The teacher wants remotely to know where they are in vidéos. The video must be fluid on Nokia 770.

With the installation of Vnc carried out under Maemo SDK, made video is incredible almost perfect. From where my question: is the processor of my PC there it for something or processor ARM of Nokia would have it the same performances?

In addition there remains to me the problem of the sound which I cannot transfer on the 770 for the moment

Last edited by fafa63fr; 2006-01-04 at 11:48.