Closed Thread
Well at least nokia seems to hear what we want hehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl4oU...layer_embedded

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
stable "almost host" procedure
1 disable bme
2 plug ANY uB with ID grounded
3 echo host > ....
4 echo H > ....
5 apply 5v from extern or intern source
6 attach stick, hub,...

enumeration seems to happen once.
to restart enumeration unplug uB and go to step 2

The Following User Says Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
The only thing setting idpin does is changing the initial state of the otg state machine to a_host, and even that is undone when you apply vbus, since for some reason twl4030-usb assumes vbus has prority over id pin connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
And as I said before, echo host > ... is redundant (or null() as joerg_rw calls it)

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
sarahn
extremely encouraging results, indeed. :-)
You have any idea why we need a hardware ID_GND and can not fake it?

would you mind posting a proper diff so we can know what exactly you patched in kernel and also which kernel that is based on, please.
A super nice-to-have of course would be if you could apply hcm's pearl script to the whole usb folder (of course after you created the diff), and also supply the result of that, so we finally get an idea what's happening in detail when forcing host mode, function by function - kind like a trace.

many thanks
jOERG
I agree the ID pin shouldn't be necessary and I'm working on that right now.

On the subject of function traces, ftrace would be quite nice. I managed to get zImage to compile and run with ftrace enabled but the modules still had the function __gnu_mcount_nc missing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip forced_host.0.1.zip (20.1 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by sarahn; 2010-06-01 at 01:47. Reason: Added superstitious acripts

Originally Posted by blue_led View Post
stable "almost host" procedure
1 disable bme
2 plug ANY uB with ID grounded
3 echo host > ....
4 echo H > ....
5 apply 5v from extern or intern source
6 attach stick, hub,...

enumeration seems to happen once.
to restart enumeration unplug uB and go to step 2
I'm not able to duplicate. Can you post dmesg + /proc/driver/musb_hdrc step by step?

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
The only thing setting idpin does is changing the initial state of the otg state machine to a_host, and even that is undone when you apply vbus, since for some reason twl4030-usb assumes vbus has prority over id pin connection.
Grouding the id pin sets the a_idle state, not a_host.

If I plug in power after I plug in a grounded ID pin,

/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-1/1-0048/twl4030_usb/linkstat

does not change to read vbus. It still reads idpin. If I do both at once, vbus takes priority.

Extraordinary results. Is there any chance of an 'interim release' just to get us ordinary mortals up-and-running with a USB keyboard in the meantime? It would make such a huge difference.

Apologies if this is an inappropriate request. Very very best of luck with this project - I think I'm not the only one here following this thread with bated breath...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by jimx View Post
Extraordinary results. Is there any chance of an 'interim release' just to get us ordinary mortals up-and-running with a USB keyboard in the meantime? It would make such a huge difference.

Apologies if this is an inappropriate request. Very very best of luck with this project - I think I'm not the only one here following this thread with bated breath...
Wrong, I am here always following this thread too lol. I think everyone is following this thread very closely. If there is a break through in thi OTG USB then it will be a world peace..

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
You bet we are, I'm already preparing to order

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-USB-2-0-Micro-...item20b1326183

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
awesomeness in the works, boulevard of broken deals, host, i am the dealbreaker, inspector gadget lies, mobidapter is a scam, nokia fanbois, otg, over 9000, usb, usbcontrol