Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
For the screen orientation, there is actually no need to bother with the JavaScript example. The way I handled screen orientation in cuteTube-QML (Fremantle version) is simply to check whether the height of the root element is greater than the width (which would be the case, if the device is in portrait orientation). Then you can use states to make any changes to positioning etc.

Example:

Code:
states: State {
        name: "portrait"
        when: window.height > window.width
        make property changes here
    }
In the example, the element referenced by the id window is the root element in my main.qml file. The properties of this element can be accessed from any of the other QML files.

As you say, Qt Components has other means of achieving this, but it works in a very similar way.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-09-19 at 22:24.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by helex View Post
What is a Visa Electron card? I never heard this before. So I'm sure I don't own something like this, too.
But I finally received now my new Visa Card. It is still in his envelope but it's here in my living room. I have now simply to open it...
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
A Visa Electron card is similar to a Visa Debit card (i.e. you can only access funds that are in your bank account), but quite a lot of retailers don't accept them.
Yes, as marxian already said Visa Electron is a debit card that can be used for Internet payments and transactions. It is popular in Europe but as far as I know it is not available at Australia, Canada and US. I am not keen on credit cards so Visa Electron was a nice solution to register as Ovi Publisher and I also linked the card to my paypal account.

Originally Posted by helex View Post
Sadly the needed time is currently the problem. I hope this will change soon but I can't make promises.
If someone is able to donate me some time I would appreciate it.
I fully understand you. Unfortunately time is never enough especially for the projects which are fun.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leon.anavi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Any new timeline for the voting ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
As far as I know zehjotkah is currently in the U.S. at a Intel event (I'm envious) - so perhaps we get a update as soon as he is back in Germany.
He is able to meet there texrat face to face. So perhaps they are able to drink a beer and talk a little bit about our coding competition.

And if not I hope Zehjotkah gave Texrat at minimum a big hug from all of us! Our Texas maemo outpost and renegade WP7 developer should know that he is still a part of us.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
I guess someone should have removed the button to add new submissions: http://competition.meetmeego.org/submissions/88
Code:
submitted by: michal@***.com on 27-Sep-2011

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
As far as I know zehjotkah is currently in the U.S. at a Intel event (I'm envious) - so perhaps we get a update as soon as he is back in Germany.
He is able to meet there texrat face to face. So perhaps they are able to drink a beer and talk a little bit about our coding competition.

And if not I hope Zehjotkah gave Texrat at minimum a big hug from all of us! Our Texas maemo outpost and renegade WP7 developer should know that he is still a part of us.
Any chance of getting in touch with Zehjotkah and ask him about www.tizen.org?

The news is deeply unsettling.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Any chance of getting in touch with Zehjotkah and ask him about www.tizen.org?

The news is deeply unsettling.
It shouldn't make a great deal of difference (I hope). We already knew that there would not be a MeeGo conference, which is why we (hopefully, I don't know if it's 100% confirmed) have the N9s as replacement prizes, although recipients must have an application submitted to Nokia Store. I think the applications that are MeeGo x86 only should be OK as the competition voting will be over before anything changes.

It would be nice to wrap this thing up before everything MeeGo goes to sh1t.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Any new timeline for the voting ?
I have contacted Niels to see if he would reconsider assisting with the vote since we didn't need to hold a council election. In any event, plans should be made to wrap up the voting.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Thanks everyone!
Yes, currently I'm in Seattle at the Intel Elements.
Already met Texrat and also talked about the coding competition. He also tries to ask again someone from maemo.org to set up the voting system.
To explain why there are no news of the planned voting setup at the meetmeego.org servers: the wife of the developer who wanted to make it just had to go to hospital. I don't want to bug him in this situation.
Tizen: yes, just ask everything that comes to your mind, but better in a different thread and then point me to that thread.

edit: I'll delete all submissions made outside the timeframe.
Also a big thanks to SD69!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Tizen: yes, just ask everything that comes to your mind, but better in a different thread and then point me to that thread.
Here is the thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78070

Enjoy your Time at Seattle.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia