Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by ronald122789 View Post
how to use the whatapps application on nitdroid??
It will register your account on the second trial

I don't want to spoil things up, but something is coming soon

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ somerset
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I don't want to spoil things up, but something is coming soon
nice to hear can't remember if you said you had exams recently if so hope all went well and really appreciate what you do for those of us not so technically skilled

The Following User Says Thank You to scoobydoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
Hi so I am starting from scratch how do I install this the easy way

Hi ammyt nice work from u and I just want ask about is there any way to increase n900 ram on closed cpu?

Last edited by zozeta2; 2012-04-15 at 21:11.

i don't want to spoil things up, but something is coming soon :d
nice!!!

Originally Posted by zozeta2 View Post
Hi ammyt nice work from u and I just want ask about is there any way to increase n900 ram on closed cpu?
Hardware-wise? NO.
Software-wise? There are some RAM boosters available on the market that can do the job.

Hardware-wise? NO.
Software-wise? There are some RAM boosters available on the market that can do the job.

did u hear about Raspberry pi ?? it seems can do the job .I read in Raspberry fourm that this machine could increase any iphone or blackberry or arm CPUs that have closed ram on cpu , can u explain me? is that real or not and thanks

Originally Posted by zozeta2 View Post
did u hear about Raspberry pi ?? it seems can do the job .I read in Raspberry fourm that this machine could increase any iphone or blackberry or arm CPUs that have closed ram on cpu , can u explain me? is that real or not and thanks
I think you may be misunderstanding how RAM works. RAM is a chip which is usually in the same package as the CPU, and which communicates with it at a very high speed (about ten times as fast as Ethernet). The N900 has 256 MB of RAM. The Raspberry Pi also has 256 MB of RAM. So theoretically, you could network the two together and have a device with 512 MB of RAM. But by doing so over a network, you lose the key advantage of RAM, which is the access speed. You would get better results by using some of the flash memory as RAM. This is called "swap space", and both Maemo and Android do this already (you can find some posts further back on how to optimize Nitdroid by changing the swap parameters.)

So, to answer your question: It is theoretically possible. But it is also useless.

The Following User Says Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jutley View Post
Nice helpfully place this is?
I think what ammyt means is that there is no "easy way" to install Nitdroid, other than following the instructions which are clearly listed in the first post in this thread.

Last edited by qole; 2012-04-16 at 23:09. Reason: Removing inappropriate language

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid