Posts: 26 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Bulgaria
Hello
While doing my daily rss reads i've stumbled uppon MicroXwin, which clames lower memory footprint and x2 times Xorg's performance....
So my first though was "This should be in my N900!!"
So to my question, has anyone done any tests with micoXwin on n900?

p.s.: I was going to give it a try before posting , but atm i'm only with one n900 and I need my phone constanly on :S
I expect to have my second n900 in few days, so if no one has done it before that, i'll try and see if this can be a good replacment for the n900 Xorg.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to l4m3rx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by l4m3rx View Post
Hello
While doing my daily rss reads i've stumbled uppon MicroXwin, which clames lower memory footprint and x2 times Xorg's performance....
So my first though was "This should be in my N900!!"
So to my question, has anyone done any tests with micoXwin on n900?

p.s.: I was going to give it a try before posting , but atm i'm only with one n900 and I need my phone constanly on :S
I expect to have my second n900 in few days, so if no one has done it before that, i'll try and see if this can be a good replacment for the n900 Xorg.
Apparently it did work (more or less) with the Nokia 770 (http://www.microxwin.com/OMAP1710benchmark.doc).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Bulgaria
Good to know! I'll play around with it and keep you posted about any progress I make.

The Following User Says Thank You to l4m3rx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Another Phoronix reader...
EDIT: Saying that because Phoronix has a traditionally bad reputation when it comes to benchmarking things.

MicroXWin is:
a ) Propietary
b ) Expensive
c ) Virtually only useful when using a dumb framebuffer device (no pvr2d, no OpenGL).

Therefore: forget.

Last edited by javispedro; 2013-06-26 at 14:58.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, microxorg, nokia n900, xserver