Active Topics

Notices

I have a weird problem with fmms:

It was working perfectly until last week, when I downloaded a couple of qt4-stuff to install proftpd. Now, fmms has "lost" it's GUI, that means the buttons are not any more visible but only the text on them.

Alongside this, fmms has stopped receiving mms (I really could live without a fancy GUI). Removing all recently installed packages and reinstalling fmms 1.3.4 didn't help. Other programs don't show this behavior.

Has someone ever seen this? Is there a list of the exact versions of the dependencies, which might collide with the versions I have installed (although I don't see any, I didn't change python - however, which >=version is required for python-all?).

If not, I'll survive without mms...

Greetings

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Hi. I just received MMS and the only content is
At least one media file has been removed.
We tried sending GPS coordinates from Nokia 5230 to my N900 with 5230's stock software that shows coordinates (I'm not sure what its' name is but it's separate from Maps). Was it fMMS, 5230 or mobile operator problem?

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
@Fure
reboot a few time can help....
also change the setup to havoc to fixed your problem...

as for saving to your pc...using winscp go to....

Code:
/home/user/.fmms/mms
you can copy all received mms to pc in that folder....

@Ipzstf
your problem is cause by enhanced busybox shell....dowloading/upgrading the latest version will fixed your button problem...

@int_ua
GPS got nothing to do with mms....it your mobile operator problem....
most mobile operator blocked some contents for receiving to your device....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Hi. I just received MMS and the only content is
We tried sending GPS coordinates from Nokia 5230 to my N900 with 5230's stock software that shows coordinates (I'm not sure what its' name is but it's separate from Maps). Was it fMMS, 5230 or mobile operator problem?
More than likely your provider didn't recognize the mime type and dropped it while relaying it. From my experience with it, if fMMS doesn't recognize the mime/media type, it presents it as a button for raw download/save. That may have changed in an update along the way, but with that text, I'd bet it was the operator dropping it. Even if you got it in fMMS, it probably would show up as a raw attachment. (Though you could edit fMMS to recognize the type and parse/launch it to another app, since it's open-source. )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
@pusak gaoq

Reboot phone or the app? I changed the setup to havoc but the problem isn't solved.

I have never used WinSCP, can you help me? Thanks

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Fure View Post
@pusak gaoq

Reboot phone or the app? I changed the setup to havoc but the problem isn't solved.

reboot the phone....if havoc didn't help the reset the fmms setting....

as for WinSCP use power search on this forum to find tutorial how to install & use WinSCP...

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I can't receive MMS directly on the N900. I always get an sms from O2 Germany I have to go to the web to see my mms.
I want my mms direcly on the n900. What must/can I do.

Sending works without problems.

While this thread is still active, does anyone know of an easy way to delete more than one/all mms messages at once? It's a little tedious going through each one, longpressing, hitting delete, and then hitting yes.

Originally Posted by Fure View Post
@pusak gaoq

I was about to post - copy the contents of /home/user/.fmms to the desired destination in the MyDocs folder, using FileBox or suchlike but the process fails... mmm...

Anyway, if we can fix the copying - the MyDocs folder is the top folder as seen by windows file explorer (aka Nokia N900 with the little pic of the N900 as its icon).

Most items do copy, it's just some of the received items. Not quite sure what's going on. There may be clues in this thread or it might be that I need to run fsck on my device.

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
I can't receive MMS directly on the N900. I always get an sms from O2 Germany I have to go to the web to see my mms.
I want my mms direcly on the n900. What must/can I do.

Sending works without problems.
What happens when you use the correct German mms configuration ?

Originally Posted by Tensuke View Post
While this thread is still active, does anyone know of an easy way to delete more than one/all mms messages at once? It's a little tedious going through each one, longpressing, hitting delete, and then hitting yes.
Go to /home/user/.fmms and delete stuff using a proper file explorer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
@demolition

of course I'm using the correct settings...

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python