As much as I love my N800, it has lousy buttons for gaming. Is there any cheap gamepads out there that work well w/ the N800? Because right now playing games like Mario (that require multiple button presses) is impossible. I would prefer not to spend any more then $20.

-Thanks

A Wiimote maybe? I got an awesome Saitek P990 for $10 off Craigslist, but it's somewhat overkill for the N800 because it's USB - in addition to having a long cord, I need a USB Host adapter.

If you've already eliminated the Wiimote, and you'd prefer a proper USB gamepad, I can ship you my spare USB Mini-B Male to USB A Female adapter free if you want...
If you take that route, I'd also recommend searching Craigslist for gamepads. You might even have luck at a pawn shops/thrift stores - some friends of mine have found quality gamepads for less than $5.

I don't really use the N800 for gaming either, but my reason is that the video bandwidth sucks - even NES games are laggy because of it.

Hi,

I own a N800 too.
I would like to play with my USB-Gamepad.
Its a U-Touch X6-38V (MS-Windows-Driver could be found here
on second site).

Is there a driver for maemo 2008?
I would also like to write an own driver, but don't know where to start.
Since I never ever wrote a driver before

It would do fine without rumble, but pressing more than one button at a time has to work.

I would like to use it (mainly) for DrNokSnes. So if every button of the gamepad simulates a keyboardbutton it would do.

any suggestions?

I think that would be a lot of hassle to get games on such a small screen with such a big controller.

A game I really like is Super Mario World (for SNES)...
But atm it's not playable on the N800 due to missing hardware keys. The main Problem is that you really need to be able to press more than one buttons at a time, which wont work with a touchscreen without multitouch capabilities.

Last edited by dustXman; 2011-02-27 at 15:54.